The Hardy Boys in German

Started by Judah-Ben-Hur, September 12, 2015, 11:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judah-Ben-Hur

I know the Hardy Boys have been published in some form previously in Germany, though I don't think quite as much as Nancy Drew has, but is there any checklist or information about their publication ? I'm asking because I've just moved here, and wouldn't mind picking up a HB volume to help get the fluency back.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

Really? Awesome! Guten tag! Gott segne dich! :) 8) (Some of my rather limited German.)

The Hardy Boys have definitely been published in German alright. You may already be familiar with this work and I don't know if it covers international versions, but I would suggest this site for starters- http://www.synsinepress.com/

By the way- nice to see you posting on here again, Judah-Ben-Hur.  :) 8)
And hope everything goes awesome for you in Germany. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

You might also try at www.hardyboys.co.uk - I know it focuses primarily on the British versions, but I feel like the site owner might be able to point you in the right direction. Also, the site is totally awesome! I LOVE it! Check it out if you haven't seen it yet. :) 8)

Also, I do know for sure that The Three Investigators books are printed like crazy in Germany- there's a HUGE fanbase for them there. (In fact, there are numerous German original titles printed there too- it's still ongoing, as far as I know- years after the series stopped in America back around 1987 [or 1990 or so, if you count through the Crimebusters series. I much enjoy those books as well.] If you're into those books, check out www.threeinvestigatorsbooks.com for another totally awesome site! You can order some of the German books through there and get a list of the ones available. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Someday I want to return to Germany.  I haven't been there since the late-80's. 

But I know a few Hardy Boys were published in German, and it would be interesting to see a German copy of "The Submarine Caper", as the English version is a translation from German. 

But there's also the Casefile "The Emperor's Shield" that takes place in Germany---and a Unified Germany whereas Submarine Caper was written when Germany was still divided.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca