Here Come The Hardy Boys (1969 Hardy Boys Album)

Started by tomswift2002, March 05, 2011, 07:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on March 21, 2011, 01:26:10 AM
Thanks, hardygirl847! :) Very nice of you. :) Good idea to decide whether or not I would even want it should the DVD become available. I would say the music is like what is on the Scooby Doo show sometimes when they are chasing the baddie(s), as well as a few other cartoons.

With the Hardy Boys cartoon, Filmation was trying to have another hit fictional group after the fictional Archies group (that appeared in the Archies series that was based off the Archie comics) had a hit with Sugar, Sugar.  I've got the Archies album Everything's Archie on LP, and I will say that the music styles are very similar on that album to the 2 Hardy Boys albums.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

I love Archie comics! The Riverdale gang is another fictional group of "literary friends" I like to hang out with sometimes. ;D
And I love The Archies' Sugar Sugar song- I've got it on CD in a best of the '60s compilation. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

QuoteI would love to see your Hardy Boys shrine. Take a pic and show us.  Pleeeeaaaase???
So would I!
Um- okay, I'll see about it. lol
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 21, 2011, 01:37:27 PM
I've actually got one of The Hardy Boys comic books from the 1970s. It was only a 4 issue run and based on the 1969 cartoon series. I've got the third issue and I actually enjoyed it pretty well. And that was before I'd seen an episode of the show. But I enjoyed the one episode I saw well enough too- I wouldn't mind seeing the rest of them.
If you check out www.milehighcomics.com you can order a number of back issue comic books. You can even see some pages from different issues- http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=38709800228&snumber=1
:D

Wow! Thanks for the links, MacGyver! 8) I had seen the covers on eBay and an online comic shop but not any of the pages before these great links you gave me! 8) Thanks! :) The one page is sounding like it is based on Secret of the Caves with Mary Todd and her brother Morgan Todd. Curious where they are in the comic book since they said "foreign food", but in that particular book they were still in the US.

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 21, 2011, 06:57:33 PM
With the Hardy Boys cartoon, Filmation was trying to have another hit fictional group after the fictional Archies group (that appeared in the Archies series that was based off the Archie comics) had a hit with Sugar, Sugar.  I've got the Archies album Everything's Archie on LP, and I will say that the music styles are very similar on that album to the 2 Hardy Boys albums.

Like MacGyver, I love the Archie comics, too. 8) Were the same session artists on the Archie group and the Hardy Boys albums? Could be just a similar sound I know, especially since you said they were hoping to follow up with a second hit show, capitalizing from the first success. I love comics and cartoons and fusing the two is cool. ;D They really should air the Hardy and the Archies cartoon shows on Boomerang. ;D

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Well, Archie.com sells some of their classic cartoons on DVD- and complete series of The Archie Show and some of the other classics have been released as well. I'd love to see both Archie cartoons and The Hardy Boys cartoon on TV somewhere too though. :)
And you're welcome for the links. Milehighcomics.com is one of my main go-to sites for comic books (at least for back issues anyway). And I'm not sure- but I think some of the same session artists may have played for both The Archies and The Hardy Boys.
Here's a little more info on it- http://franklinmintblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/hardy-boys-here-come-hardys-1969.html

MacGyver

Hardy Sleuth

Cool! Thank you very much, MacGyver!  :) I really appreciate this knowledgeable information. I'll save the links and check them out soon!  8) That reminds me - are you looking forward to free comic day in May?  ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

Definitely! I love Free Comic Book Day! :) There's an Inspector Gadget comic book releasing this year! 8)

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on March 22, 2011, 12:16:20 AM
Well, Archie.com sells some of their classic cartoons on DVD- and complete series of The Archie Show and some of the other classics have been released as well. I'd love to see both Archie cartoons and The Hardy Boys cartoon on TV somewhere too though. :)

But with the Archies, even though the show was produced by Filmation (and the film negatives were owned by Filmation and its successors, now up to Classic Media), it was always owned and controlled by Archie Comics, and even the albums were owned and controlled by Archie Comics.  Which was not the case with the Hardy Boys.

And the artists on the Archie albums were different from the artists on the Hardy Boys albums.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 22, 2011, 12:43:06 AM
Definitely! I love Free Comic Book Day! :) There's an Inspector Gadget comic book releasing this year! 8)

Yep, and talking about Archies, Betty and Veronica. 8) Did you see the preview yet for the Inspector Gadget, MacGyver?

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp?ItemNo=JAN110034
http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp?ItemNo=JAN110003

Quote from: tomswift2002 on March 23, 2011, 06:34:52 PM
But with the Archies, even though the show was produced by Filmation (and the film negatives were owned by Filmation and its successors, now up to Classic Media), it was always owned and controlled by Archie Comics, and even the albums were owned and controlled by Archie Comics.  Which was not the case with the Hardy Boys.
And the artists on the Archie albums were different from the artists on the Hardy Boys albums.

So the Archie Comics don?t have as many variables/copyright holders to have to deal with and work around. A preferable situation for the company and the fan. 8) Thanks for the information about the session artists being different for the two groups, tomswift2002. :) Hey, when I voted on the poll of Mickey vs. Bugs the other day, I saw that your favorite of the two is Mickey. The free Mickey Mouse being given out on Free Comic Book Day looks cool.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comics.asp?ItemNo=JAN110019

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 22, 2011, 12:43:06 AM

Free Comic Book Day?  ???
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

MacGyver

Yep- once a year, comic book stores all over the USA give out comic books for FREE!!! Pretty awesome, huh?
And to Hardy Sleuth- I saw the cover for the Inspector Gadget comic- do they have some of the pages up now or something?

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 25, 2011, 11:55:39 AM
Yep- once a year, comic book stores all over the USA give out comic books for FREE!!! Pretty awesome, huh?
And to Hardy Sleuth- I saw the cover for the Inspector Gadget comic- do they have some of the pages up now or something?

Really?! When? :o

MacGyver

This year it's May 7, 2011 - just check at any of the local comic book shops in your area.
And check the links Hardy Sleuth posted. :)

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 25, 2011, 02:53:24 PM
This year it's May 7, 2011 - just check at any of the local comic book shops in your area.
And check the links Hardy Sleuth posted. :)

Cool! 8) Too bad there's no comic book shop close to me.  :(