Hardy Boys Adventures #17 - Gray Hunter’s Revenge

Started by kosmicdust, November 13, 2017, 12:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kosmicdust

MacGyver

Thanks for the heads-up on this. Intriguing indeed.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

It's to bad that there wasn't an earlier book, since the title almost sounds like a sequel title.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

The title is obviously a reference to Aunt Gertrude, refusing to admit she's aging, even when the gray hairs keep popping up through her latest dye job. Frank and Joe have teased her about it one too many times...and find themselves victim to the classic Nair in the shampoo gag. Can the now bald young detectives solve the mystery of which diabolical enemy came up with this harebrained scheme against them? Talk about a close shave!
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

April 1st seems awfully soon for another Adventure book considering the one before it comes out February 20th?  Might we see more than just two books next year?

Bigfootman

Quote from: SkyWarp on November 16, 2017, 07:02:51 PM
April 1st seems awfully soon for another Adventure book considering the one before it comes out February 20th?  Might we see more than just two books next year?
I suspect the release date is a typo. The release date for 'Famous Mistakes" (Nancy Drew Diaries #17) is  August 28, 2018, and it's possible that whoever made the amazon listing for "Grey Hunter's Revenge" made a typo and wrote April instead of August. Normally there's about a month in between the release of a Diaries and a Adventures book. For example:

The Sign in the Smoke: May 10, 2016
The Madman of Black Bear Mountain: June 7, 2016

The Professor and the Puzzle: August 8, 2017
A Con Artist in Paris: September 5, 2017

The Haunting on Heliotrope Lane: January 2, 2018
Stolen Identity: February 20, 2018

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

Up here in Canada Chapters is reporting April 1, 2018 for the book as well, and there are two dates for the Oasis Audio Version: April 1 & 8.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Interesting.... Of course, April 1st. is an incredibly appropriate date for someone to get fooled by a typo. ;D

Bigfootman

http://oasisaudio.com/product/gray-hunters-revenge/
Oasis Audios website says the audio book for Grey Hunter's Revenge will be released October 09, 2018.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

tomswift2002

Quote from: Bigfootman on January 22, 2018, 02:49:25 PM
http://oasisaudio.com/product/gray-hunters-revenge/
Oasis Audios website says the audio book for Grey Hunter's Revenge will be released October 09, 2018.
Chapters.ca is still listing April 1, 2018.  There also saying the narrator is a "Tim Gregory"

tomswift2002

Here's the summary for The Gray Hunter's Revenge:
Frank and Joe investigate a supernatural crime in the seventeenth book in the thrilling Hardy Boys Adventures series.

One of the Hardys' favorite writers, Nathan Foxwood, has recently died in a tragic car accident. Now, the press is swarming his house in Bayort to get the scoop on the novel he completed just before his untimely death.

When Joe hears that Nathan's wife is having a giant estate sale, he drags Frank with him. Who could pass up the opportunity to see inside their favorite author's home? Nathan's wife says she wants to get away as quickly as possible; strange things have been happening since their first night there and now her husband is gone and she's sure the house is haunted. But Nathan's assistant, Adam, is not so willing to blame it all on the supernatural. Valuable things keep disappearing from the house—why would a ghost need money? Adam recognizes the Hardys' from an article he read and asks for their help.

Of course Frank and Joe Hardy don't believe in ghosts and are positive they can get to the bottom of all this. But when Adam is mysteriously hurt after spending the night alone in the house, the brothers start to wonder; what is the motive for these crimes if not ghostly revenge? Could these brother detectives be in over their heads?

The cover reminds me of the cover for The Deadliest Dare, while the write-up reminds me of Real Horror and some of the original The Disappearing Floor.

tomswift2002

I just saw on Chapters website that the physical hardcover and paperback editions are scheduled for release on October 9, 2018.  However, the Audio CD is still showing an April 1 and April 8 release date and there's no ebook release date.

tomswift2002

I got an email from Chapters earlier in the week saying that the release date has been pushed back to November 6, 2018.