Hardy Boys Adventures The Vanishing Game

Started by Hardy Sleuth, October 17, 2012, 11:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

I saw this on Amazon and also on iTunes! 8) Hardy Boys Adventures The Vanishing Game will be available on the 4th of 6/13. No book description yet but the title sounds intriguing! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Interesting. I see also that Amazon has the hardcover price listed at $10.87 - still kinda pricey for me to be spending very often, but at least it's better and seems more reasonable than $15, like I thought I'd heard at first.
The Vanishing Game has a title that's very close to The Vanishing Thieves, but I doubt it has anything to do with it.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Oh yeah- good work on finding the next title in the series, Hardy Sleuth. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on October 18, 2012, 08:18:08 AM
Interesting. I see also that Amazon has the hardcover price listed at $10.87 - still kinda pricey for me to be spending very often, but at least it's better and seems more reasonable than $15, like I thought I'd heard at first.
The Vanishing Game has a title that's very close to The Vanishing Thieves, but I doubt it has anything to do with it.

I think I at least want the first one in hardcover and then others in paperback. :)   

Quote from: MacGyver on October 18, 2012, 08:18:38 AM
Oh yeah- good work on finding the next title in the series, Hardy Sleuth. :) 8)

Thank you very much, MacGyver! :) I was really excited to see it! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Amazon.com now has a description up for this book.

A thrilling amusement park ride turns diabolically deadly in this Hardy Brothers adventure?a fresh approach to a classic series.

Joe and Frank Hardy are attending the season?s opening night at Funspot, a local amusement park that?s been declining for years, but that recently got new owners and a facelift. Their friend Daisy?s family has everything riding on Funspot?s success: If the revamped park is a failure, her family will be broke! At first, an exhilarating new attraction is a huge hit?but when one of the riders disappears into thin air, fun and games turns into spine-tingling danger. Will the Hardy Brothers find the missing rider and restore Funspot?s reputation, or is the amusement park doomed for disaster?

I see that Daisy is mentioned as a friend of The Hardy Boys. I wonder if this is the same Daisy and her family who show up in Trick-or-Trouble, #175 in The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories (Digests)? That'd be pretty cool.

VLoneWolf

I have't read  Trick-or-Trouble but I hope it is the smae Daisy as well.

MacGyver

Yeah- continuity is always nice (even if it is technically a new Hardy Boys spin-off series.)
If you get to chance to read that book I mentioned though- I highly recommend it. I rather enjoyed it. (Along with every other Hardy Boys book- lol.) ;D 8)

MacGyver

Oh yeah- this cover was also totally awesome! :) 8)

tomswift2002

The cover reminds me of the 1970's cover for the Collins edition of "Mystery Of The Whale Tattoo".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Yeah- it is pretty similar at that. That one is a classic Peter Archer cover- LOVE the Collins covers- grew up with those. :) 8)

kosmicdust

Believe it or not, I'm actually going to visit Peter this very Saturday afternoon! He's 81 and still active as an artist.

kosmicdust

MacGyver

Oh yes- that cover art is beautiful! That's so awesome that you have a chance to visit with Peter Archer! Please be sure to tell him that as far as I'm concerned, (and I'm sure many other fans would agree)- he is simply legendary when it comes to Hardy Boys cover art. And I mean that of all cover art- including the American covers. I LOVE his work!  :) 8)  His covers made the books exciting and come alive and many times illustrated key moments in the books- just as a good cover should do. I think perhaps the current cover artists have taken a cue from his work- which is probably why I enjoy so many of the HBA covers now.

Lungbarrow

Quote from: kosmicdust on February 19, 2015, 08:50:06 AM
Believe it or not, I'm actually going to visit Peter this very Saturday afternoon! He's 81 and still active as an artist.
That's brilliant kosmicdust! I'd love to see some of his more recent work.
Also, it just occurred to me that you must be involved with the fantastic HardyBoys.co.uk site - I could spend hours browsing around there reminiscing amongst the artwork and book covers and I often pop back in hope of a new update. I suspect the site is so comprehensive there won't be any for a while though! Thanks for all your work, it's really a marvel.
--
-PjH.
--