The Official Hardy Boys Site

Started by Lungbarrow, February 20, 2013, 05:41:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lungbarrow

I've not spotted any mention here of the new, offical Hardy Boys Adventures website yet. It seems to have launched on or just before the release date of Red Arrow and Phantom Heist. It's pretty sparse as yet and largely links to Simon and Schuster's site for content. It's unlikely to replace fan sites like this one but it's nice to see an official internet presence for the series finally.
--
-PjH.
--

MacGyver

Nice! Thanks for the link, Lungbarrow. It is nice to see The Hardy Boys have an official Web site, even if there isn't much on it now. I see that the hardcovers are pictured on the site- it's nice to finally see what that looks like. I'm planning to order a hardcover book from Amazon when I have the money to spare for it, as it seems apparent I will probably not be seeing those hardcovers in stores.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I like that the site has a link to the Nancy Drew site too (www.nancydrew.com) and also has links to a Facebook page for The Hardy Boys and includes a section on the classic original series for The Hardy Boys. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Lungbarrow

Bearing in mind those are mock-ups and not photographs of an actual book, it's actually pretty accurate except for the writing on the spines.

Also, I seem to have messed up on the URL for the site! I don't know how - I just cut-and-pasted it, but here it is again - hardyboysseries.com
--
-PjH.
--

MacGyver

Okay- good to know. I'm sure it'll look much better when I actually get a physical copy to put on my bookshelf.

MacGyver

I looked through both The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew sites and I saw that they include links to the comic book/graphic novel series and for Nancy Drew, a link to the video games. That's pretty cool. And they do have links for the original series and spinoff series- and they all link back to Simon & Schuster's site. But still- at least it is something now. Hopefully it will continue to build into more in the future. :) 8)

tomswift2002

Apparently the "Secret Files" are considered "Classic" Hardy Boys.  The Casefiles are up under the Classics section, but it's not even a link.  (There's also a Graphic Novel link under the Other section that sends people to the Papercutz site.). Nothing yet about the Grosset & Dunlap books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Woah!  Papercutz has really improved their website since I last looked at it.

MacGyver

QuoteWoah!  Papercutz has really improved their website since I last looked at it.
Yeah- they've improved their pages for The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew and the whole site. Too bad I don't have much reason to visit it anymore since it doesn't look like we'll ever see any more Hardy Boys graphic novels from them. (Well, maybe in the future I guess- you never know...) But I do like the Nancy Drew Clue Crew graphic novels- the Archie artwork is definitely obvious- I love it. Stan Goldberg does a great job with it. :) 8) (To clarify, I haven't bought these yet, but the artwork is making me want to pick up a copy at some point- I'm a big fan of Archie Comics and the classic Archie artwork just screams out at me when I look at those books.)

MacGyver

QuoteApparently the "Secret Files" are considered "Classic" Hardy Boys.  The Casefiles are up under the Classics section, but it's not even a link.  (There's also a Graphic Novel link under the Other section that sends people to the Papercutz site.). Nothing yet about the Grosset & Dunlap books.
Well, the site does have a link for the Digests books, which is the extension of the 58 Grosset & Dunlap books. However, Simon & Schuster's site just doesn't have anything for those books anymore. Are they even available as Ebooks now? I see that many of the Digests books and some of the Casefiles have been getting released as Ebooks in recent years.

Judah-Ben-Hur

The digests are the first series pictured, labeled just "The Hardy Boys", they aren't listing the original series for both Nancy and Hardy. Nancy has a huge error though, as the Nancy Drew on Campus series is actually picturing Digests, and listing them as part of that series.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on February 21, 2013, 01:11:41 PMHowever, Simon & Schuster's site just doesn't have anything for those books anymore. Are they even available as Ebooks now?

Most of the first 58 and up through 66 are available as ebooks and all of them are available in print. But it isn't surprising that Simon and Schuster wouldn't have them listed, since they don't have the rights to them. Books 1 through 66 are under Penguin publishing. I'm so happy the paperback HB books, up through 190, are becoming available in ebook. :) 8) Here is a new, cool-looking, enthusiastic Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew book site that has a lot of updated info and release dates about the Hardy Boys books. :) Also has a post from the 11th about the new look at Papercutz. :) I see that someone from Papercutz even posted a comment on the "About page". :) 8) This site is called Hardy and Drew Mysteries and has about Simon and Schuster HB books, Penguin HB books, and Papercutz HB books. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Wow- very nice! I like the look of this site- particularly because it uses cover art from some of my favorite books on the main page- Sabotage at Sports City (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #115) and Too Many Traitors (The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14). :) 8)
And it's great to see the covers from What Happened at Midnight (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #10) and The Secret of the Old Mill (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #3) on there too- I like seeing all these different series together as they are all part of the Hardy Boys universe. And I particularly appreciate having the Digests represented as it seems that these books tend to get underrepresented sometimes- and these are some of my favorites to read. (But don't worry- I love them all of course. :) 8))
Thanks for the link, Hardy Sleuth- I'll definitely check it out.

Hardy Sleuth

No problem, MacGyver. :) I also really like the Hardy and Drew Mysteries site, too, I enjoy reading things on there and looking at it! There are many who love the paperback HB Mystery stories and often they're referred to collectively with the main HB series they are from. You know that many of them are my favorite books as well! :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on February 21, 2013, 07:55:43 PM
Most of the first 58 and up through 66 are available as ebooks and all of them are available in print. But it isn't surprising that Simon and Schuster wouldn't have them listed, since they don't have the rights to them. Books 1 through 66 are under Penguin publishing. I'm so happy the paperback HB books, up through 190, are becoming available in ebook. :) 8) Here is a new, cool-looking, enthusiastic Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew book site that has a lot of updated info and release dates about the Hardy Boys books. :) Also has a post from the 11th about the new look at Papercutz. :) I see that someone from Papercutz even posted a comment on the "About page". :) 8) This site is called Hardy and Drew Mysteries and has about Simon and Schuster HB books, Penguin HB books, and Papercutz HB books. :)

Well Simon & Schuster do have rights to the first 66 books (just not the publishing rights), but still you'd think that they would link to them, since they still get revenue from them.  It's just like the Papercutz books are published by Papercutz, but Simon & Schuster still own the characters and stories to some extent.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca