Perfect Crime

Started by SDLagent, March 14, 2009, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

003Robin457

My Dads gonna see if its at Frys after work today. The release date on games dosen't count Shipping but Frys gets them quickly.
Somebody reviewed it on Amazon if your wanting to know about it.

SkyWarp

Okay, my copy finally arrived from Amazon (although I am not sure that amazon even had it as they were out of stock as soon as mine shipped on the "release date" which changed several times. 

I'll give a review eventually, but as of right now, I will say, that those that have played any previous ND or HB games should not expect it to be like those at all. 

And that is all I will say for now.   :-X

SkyWarp

I've finished the game.  I think so anyway.  I hope to get a review up sometime soon.

Anyone else finish the game yet (or even purchased it)?

tomswift2002

Quote from: SkyWarp on July 27, 2009, 12:55:52 PM
I've finished the game.  I think so anyway.  I hope to get a review up sometime soon.

Anyone else finish the game yet (or even purchased it)?

I can't seem to find it here in Eastern Ontario or even on the internet (although I can find the French language version of the game, but since I don't speak or read French that well I want the English language version).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 27, 2009, 04:19:46 PM
I can't seem to find it here in Eastern Ontario or even on the internet (although I can find the French language version of the game, but since I don't speak or read French that well I want the English language version).

If you don't have it yet, don't get it. (wait for it to be on sale, if you absolutely need to get it). 

tomswift2002

I just received my copy from Amazon.ca today.  It's interesting that Dreamcatcher hasn't labelled the discs as #1 and #2, just like they've done with the Nancy Drew games.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

tomswift2002

I just played a little bit of it and boy is it very plain and dull when compared to The Hidden Theft or even Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon or Creature Of Kapu Cave

What were none of the previous voice artists available for this game?  Plus why did they decide to go with a retro look for the Hardy's?  I mean the faces for the boys look like they were taken right from the Disney Tower Treasure serial from the 1950's, that was released on DVD back in 2006, colorized and then pasted into the game? 

Plus, as I've been reading the text (yeah, you have to click and read each box---which I thought had gone out with the Super Nintendo) I've noticed quite a few spelling mistakes.  One of the lines from Chief Collig read "the guy gotted on his motorcycle and spead off."  I think Collig was meant to say "the guy got on his motorcycle and sped off."

Plus I must say that I'm having a hard time picking out a lot of the objects.  On one of the lists they ask you to find a chainsaw, and what you see as a "chainsaw" doesn't look like a chainsaw. 

Also, I noticed that Dreamcatcher didn't bother to include an instructional manual in the game.

What was Dreamcatcher thinking?

SDLagent

You can download the free demo or buy the full game for only seven bucks at Bigfishgames.com.

MacGyver

Just found this cover online, but I'm not sure where this comes from- probably a different region release somewhere around the world.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on August 09, 2013, 01:19:43 PM
Just found this cover online, but I'm not sure where this comes from- probably a different region release somewhere around the world.

Considering that it's got an 'RP' rating (Rating Pending) and its the American/Canadian rating logo, I would say it is probably an early solicitation cover.

MacGyver

Ah- good catch. Sounds logical- thanks.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"