Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery: Gold Medal Murder

Started by FrankJoeATAC, September 07, 2009, 02:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

Well, having the first letter and than dashes doesn't help much either. We all know what it says so it doesn't really help.

Jokerette

Quote from: SDLagent on August 19, 2010, 02:43:30 PM
Well, having the first letter and than dashes doesn't help much either. We all know what it says so it doesn't really help.

exactly what my mom says!

(oooh! freaky!  ;D ;D ;D)
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

I remember when Kobayashi Maru by Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels came out in the Star Trek Enterprise line, in one of the later Chapters there is a line where the character doesn't speak the word, but thinks it, and I remember that over at the S&S board on Star Trek a very large debate began about the authors and editor's allowing that word to be printed.   And sometimes, when I look at older books and younger books, in terms of when they were printed and not in terms of age level, I can see how there were higher standards in the past, and instead of using swear words in the text, the authors were forced to think of different ways to describe the way the character or characters were feeling without using an actual swear word.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NancyDrew

I thought about that myself. Cursing and being aware of cursing is apart of a kid's world now-a-days. But you can still not curse -- I don't. And to have only Joe and Nancy curse blows my mind. I'm not going to lie that I don't want it cursing in the books at all. I don't mind referencing them cursing - except Nancy. I really don't like her doing it. Okay I hate it. - To me, it's not a big deal if they reference it, but I just wish they'd leave the real thing out of the books.

MacGyver

I don't curse either and one thing I've always liked about The Hardy Boys is that you could count on them being clean in that regard. Kids today need strong role models who do the right thing- they see plenty of the wrong in the real world as it is.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Q

That would explain why you're so girly, SDL or is that SyDeLle or something.

MacGyver

hey RevWolfX
Quote from: SDLagent on August 19, 2010, 10:45:33 PM
Okay, I admit I'm your mum.
Your mom! ;)

(okay, I'll admit- that was dumb- but funny.) ;D

Jokerette

I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Quote from: Q on August 20, 2010, 07:17:10 AM
That would explain why you're so girly, SDL or is that SyDeLle or something.

Yes it would wouldn't it? Keep up the good work.

Quote from: MacGyver on August 20, 2010, 08:50:18 AM
hey RevWolfXYour mom! ;)

(okay, I'll admit- that was dumb- but funny.) ;D

Are you mocking me?

MacGyver

Jokerette

ohhhh! in that case, mock yourself out!  ;D

(ya know, i just realized, my icon is a little emo lookin', but i'm all of a sudden acting all giddy! is that some sorta reverse effect?  ???)

MacGyver

Quoteohhhh! in that case, mock yourself out! 
hahaha- awesome. ;D

Q