New HB Series - Clue Books!

Started by Hardy Sleuth, June 16, 2015, 02:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

Hey, I just saw about the new HB series, check out the details and poll. :) 8) It's all put together very tidy there, so I'll just go with that. I voted for the HB series. ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Wow- that was unexpected, but I guess I should have figured this was coming, since the new Nancy Drew book series had been announced a while back. (I had honestly forgotten about the Nancy Drew replacement series though.) At least, I presume this Hardy Boys Clue Book series is replacing the Secret Files series. Interesting..... Thanks for the update.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on June 18, 2015, 03:05:23 PM
Wow- that was unexpected, but I guess I should have figured this was coming, since the new Nancy Drew book series had been announced a while back. (I had honestly forgotten about the Nancy Drew replacement series though.) At least, I presume this Hardy Boys Clue Book series is replacing the Secret Files series. Interesting..... Thanks for the update.

I remember you first said about the Nancy Drew Clue Book series and mentioned on this post about hoping for a Hardy Boys version. Looks like it came true! 8)
Happy to give the update. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

Hardy Sleuth

I'm more interested in the HB ones than the Nancy Clue Book series, personally. The plot descriptions are much more interesting for the Hardys. Having to go to a birthday party for a mean girl like Deidre sounds torturous.

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

The plot descriptions are available, you can see both on the same page. 8) I noticed some of the differences and similarities between the HB Clue books and the Secret Files from the details available and from the SF books I've read.

Hardy Sleuth

Is anyone getting the hardcovers of either one? Do you get the hardcovers of all the Hardy Boys books, tomswift2002?

MacGyver

Well, I'm liking the interactive aspect of the new book series- that will be neat! :) And I've noticed that Simon & Schuster is keeping with tradition and releasing the first and second book in the series on the same date, April 19, 2016. 8) But wait- the books are getting a hardcover version? Seriously? That's interesting. I wouldn't think too many elementary school kids would want a hardcover version for those books, but that will be interesting to look for in any case.

tomswift2002

I wonder if the hard covers are going to be aimed primarily at libraries.  The age group at which these books are aimed can be quite rough on book, so a hardcover would hold up better than a paperback.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

True- makes sense. Did the Clues Brothers get hardbacks or maybe I'm just thinking of library rebindings of paperbacks?

tomswift2002

Between 1985 and 2013 no Hardy Boys, Tom Swift or Nancy Drew series (aside from the Grosset & Dunlap books and the various Public Domain Tom Swift's) received hardcover printings.  If the libraries had any hard cover editions, they were rebindings of paperback books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Okay- that's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation. :) 8)

Judah-Ben-Hur

Quote from: tomswift2002 on July 04, 2015, 08:30:43 PM
Between 1985 and 2013 no Hardy Boys, Tom Swift or Nancy Drew series (aside from the Grosset & Dunlap books and the various Public Domain Tom Swift's) received hardcover printings.  If the libraries had any hard cover editions, they were rebindings of paperback books.
With the exception of the Book Club specials and the Castle Large Print Hardy Casefiles.

I think they're most likely aimed at Libraries. Paperback books, especially thinner ones are as durable as a tissue box in a torando. Hardcovers make it a bit easier on the library (rebindings aren't cheaper either).
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

tomswift2002

Boy, I was just on Chapters.ca and I noticed that the new releases of the Grosset & Dunlap books are listed at $11.99 and are listed as hard covers, but the hard covers for both the Adventures and Clue Books is $22.99 per book!  Now then that's Canadian, but really, almost $11 more for a dustjacket!!!!   The paperbacks are listed for (the Adventures) $8.99 and (Clue Books) $7.99.