The Hardy Boys Digests and Casefiles are becoming hard to find

Started by Bigfootman, February 27, 2011, 03:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 09, 2011, 04:12:30 PM
I have The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on DVD. The first two seasons, that's all that's been released so far. ::)

So do I. I got them for my birthday last year, but I had borrowed the first season from a friend in Texas before. I love The Hardy Boys Mysteries:)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 09, 2011, 04:10:05 PM
Shaun Cassidy is American!  ;) ;) But I do agree about the accents. I love doing the British accents. Cheerio!

Oh I *gasp* forgot about Shaun!! But I love him, yumyum ;D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on March 09, 2011, 04:18:49 PM
Oh I *gasp* forgot about Shaun!! But I love him, yumyum ;D

Shame, shame! Forgetting Shaun. Tsk! Tsk!  ;)

Olivia

You guys are funny with all your enthusiasm. I bet we could have a whole topic on Alex Pettyfer, but I think we got most of it out.

I saw I Am Number Four and I have an opinion, but I don't want to give anything away. I'm probably going to see Beastly sometime soon. I'm actually kind of particular about people's talent, but I'm always fair because I take everything into consideration. Anyway, every single role I've seen Alex in was excellent. He really is different and believable in each one. Does a good job with an American accent, too (I tend to find British people can do it pretty easily).

We're wayyy off-topic.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: Olivia on March 10, 2011, 06:16:28 PM
You guys are funny with all your enthusiasm. I bet we could have a whole topic on Alex Pettyfer, but I think we got most of it out.

I saw I Am Number Four and I have an opinion, but I don't want to give anything away. I'm probably going to see Beastly sometime soon. I'm actually kind of particular about people's talent, but I'm always fair because I take everything into consideration. Anyway, every single role I've seen Alex in was excellent. He really is different and believable in each one. Does a good job with an American accent, too (I tend to find British people can do it pretty easily).

We're wayyy off-topic.

Yeah. We are! :P ;D

AlwaysAJoefan

AlwaysAJoefan

hardygirl847

I think I missed something but I don't want to go back and start another I LOVE ALEX PETTYFER post. :) Even though I do love him....like Olivia said, we're WAY off topic.

I find it to be somewhat of an adventure trying to get the remaining Digests that I need. I have all the Casefiles so now I'm working on the other series.

True, I can order stuff online but going into an used bookstore and finding HB..IT'S AWESOME!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

hardygirl847

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 09, 2011, 12:17:07 PM
He is rather nice-looking. I plan on sending him a letter.  :) I send out to get autographs from celebrities.  :) I've gotten several back.

Are I Am Number Four and Beastly watchable?

That would be super cool to get an autograph even if it's his assistant's assistant or someone low in the totem pole sending it back. It'd still be cool. :)

BOTH movies are great! DEFINITELY watchable! I plan on owning them. I guess...I am a bit bias though because I have a thing for him...if you haven't noticed. :D
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: hardygirl847 on March 13, 2011, 04:56:37 PM
That would be super cool to get an autograph even if it's his assistant's assistant or someone low in the totem pole sending it back. It'd still be cool. :)

BOTH movies are great! DEFINITELY watchable! I plan on owning them. I guess...I am a bit bias though because I have a thing for him...if you haven't noticed. :D

So do I! I liked him in the Alex Rider movie!

MacGyver

QuoteI find it to be somewhat of an adventure trying to get the remaining Digests that I need. I have all the Casefiles so now I'm working on the other series.

True, I can order stuff online but going into an used bookstore and finding HB..IT'S AWESOME!
I just recently finally got all the remaining titles I was missing in the Digests series- and I just wound up ordering them from Amazon.com
I would still like to get Minstrel printings of some of the earliest books for which I only have Wanderer copies, but I'm content with at least having some copy of all the books from #59-190. (I'm still trying to get a uniform collection of the first 58 books too, as well as the original text versions.)
     But yeah- even so, and even when I already have copies of The Casefiles and Digests, I still get excited finding Hardy Boys books at used bookstores. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on March 13, 2011, 07:14:52 PM
So do I! I liked him in the Alex Rider movie!

That's how I feel in love with him. :D

Quote from: MacGyver on March 13, 2011, 09:48:21 PM
I just recently finally got all the remaining titles I was missing in the Digests series- and I just wound up ordering them from Amazon.com
I would still like to get Minstrel printings of some of the earliest books for which I only have Wanderer copies, but I'm content with at least having some copy of all the books from #59-190. (I'm still trying to get a uniform collection of the first 58 books too, as well as the original text versions.)
     But yeah- even so, and even when I already have copies of The Casefiles and Digests, I still get excited finding Hardy Boys books at used bookstores. :)

Amazon.com is a great source but it would cost me a lot of $ to fill in the gaps of my Digests collection. So I am slowly getting them...a few or so at a time.

Mac, did you read Break Up yet?? I've been waiting! :D

MacGyver

QuoteAmazon.com is a great source but it would cost me a lot of $ to fill in the gaps of my Digests collection. So I am slowly getting them...a few or so at a time.

Mac, did you read Break Up yet?? I've been waiting!
That's cool- half the fun is the search for the different books anyway. :) I was just so close to having all of them and tired of looking around so I went ahead and ordered the other few I was looking for.

And the weekend was really busy (a lot of things going on with my Sunday School class at church), so I haven't gotten to "Break-Up" just yet- but I will soon.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"