Hardy Men

Started by FrankJoeATAC, August 24, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the Hardy Men will be a good movie?

Yes
3 (9.4%)
No
17 (53.1%)
Not Sure
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Bigfootman

Quote from: tomswift2002 on September 30, 2008, 06:25:36 PM
I think the Hardy Men will be a great movie when its released.  It will be really interesting to see the Hardy Boys as adults and see how advancing the continuity of the Hardy Boys past their 20's would look and feel. 

Now then I do realize that there is the possibilty that Fox could hire the wrong writers or actors or crew, but considering how well Fox handled the X-Men movies I think Fox is a good studio for Simon & Schuster to be dealing with in terms of getting a Hardy Boys movie made.  Plus with it being delayed I hope that that means that the story is constantly being rewritten and upgraded to the point where it will have a really good plot that will be reminiscent of the original Hardy Boys books (and not the UB's).

Personly, I think it will suck (if it's ever made). Unlike the Nancy Drew move, this is likly to just be dumb jokes, and bad puns, and Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller are tough to imagene as the Hardy Boys. The only good thing that could happen is that the movie causes the UB's sales to go lower and the series ends.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 07, 2009, 10:06:31 AM
What if Wil Wheaton was cast as Frank Hardy (remember Wesley Crusher from Star Trek TNG)?

He'd be pretty good for the part but he's a bit old. Now, if your casting him for a Hardy Men film...

Olivia

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on May 06, 2009, 09:09:40 PM
I still say Cody Linley would make a good Joe:

I remember saying that Cody Linley might be able to pull it off. Especially since I saw him goof off once and Joe is the ?non-serious? one.

Quote from: SDLagent on May 07, 2009, 12:17:09 AM
I can't find a good ''Frank''. I think Alex Pettyfer would make a good Joe, though...if he could pull off the American accent.

He?s a pretty good choice, too. I remember I had said that I might still see glimpses of "Alex Rider" if he were to be Joe, but this was back when I was fresh off the AR:OS movie. Obviously if he does a good job I won?t see it that way.

SDLagent

Jeremy Sumpter would make a good Joe, too. Mind you I haven't seen him in anything but going on look alone...

Maybe someone should start a topic on this?

tomswift2002

Is he a boy, or a girl?  That picture sort of makes Sumpter look like he might be a she.

Quote from: SDLagent on May 08, 2009, 12:44:29 AM
Jeremy Sumpter would make a good Joe, too. Mind you I haven't seen him in anything but going on look alone...

Maybe someone should start a topic on this?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 09, 2009, 01:13:26 PM
Is he a boy, or a girl?  That picture sort of makes Sumpter look like he might be a she.

Yeah. She's really pretty. ::)

Olivia

That?s not the first time tomswift2002 has confused genders *cough* Me *cough*

Actually, at first I was wondering how someone could think that guy was a girl, but all of a sudden I looked at it quickly (mostly the top half) and I could almost see it (something to do with the hair possibly being a short lady's cut). These were my reactions :o :D ??? :-\

SDL, I think Jeremy was my one choice from the links Dinosaur Dan posted. If this would have been discussed earlier (like last year), all I would think of is Peter Pan. But I think I?m past that, like the Alex Rider thing.

Anyways, if we start a new topic for this (where we could also re-post our choices) what should we call it? ?Casting Ideas for HBs??

FrankJoeATAC

That's a good idea, Olivia.

Also, I looked up 'Hardy Men' on Google, and it says its coming out in 2010. The website that I looked on also had a discussion board about the movies that were on the site, and the threads there had title like: "Destroying the Classics"   "Just what Tom Cruiuse needs"  "I can't wait"  stuff like that, so apparently it'll have mixed reviews...

Olivia

Starting a new topic was in SDL's post - I was just replying :)

It's coming out? Yuuuuucccckkk. Are they actually filming? It that documented?

4567TME

Quote from: Taylor Swift on August 24, 2008, 08:47:40 PM
Sometimes in stores or something, I see people and I think ' He would make a good Joe Hardy!' or something like that... :-\ ;)
You know? That kind of occurs to me, too!

Lola

IF The Hardy Men movie was going to be made I say pick real life brothers....Luke and Owen Wilson. One is dark haired, the other blonde!

hardygirl847

I like the Wilsons but someone younger would make more sense to me. I still think a true Hardy Boys movie should be made FIRST and then they could do one like Hardy Men. I don't think that our voices will be loud enough though. :(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, there's only so many real life brother actors out there in Hollywood that I know of that would really work well. I was about to say the Ashmores for a second (Shawn and Aaron) and then I remembered they're twins. ;D
     I don't think it matters if they're really brothers or not. None of the actors portraying The Hardy Boys thus far have been real life brothers, but they've pulled it off well enough. I honestly like Tom Cruise and Ben Stiller in the roles- if they can do it right. (And if such a movie would generate interest to get some other DVDs released for The Hardy Boys- namely Season 3 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. I'd also love to see The Hardy Boys cartoon series and The Mystery of the Chinese Junk pilot from 1967 for that matter- but those might be a little less likely, unfortunately.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not sure if it will really stimulate HB fandom and/or the lost seasons of HBs...but if that is what it takes to get season 3...then I will give in and not fight it anymore. There doesn't seem to be too much hope at the moment for it to be released otherwise.... :(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Well, true- it's not really sure that this movie would generate any other merchandise releases for The Hardy Boys; but if it's what it takes to get things moving, then that's okay with me. However, if it doesn't get anything further released, then I really wouldn't be that interested in seeing it happen other than the connection to The Hardy Boys.
        Though I enjoyed the 2007 Nancy Drew movie well enough on its own, the other added benefit with that movie was getting the impetus to get the 1930s Nancy Drew movies on DVD (which are excellent, by the way :D) and getting Season 2 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries released. But when it's a matter of 10 episodes for Season 3- surely someone could release this and finish this series up. But it always come down to financial matters and whether potential sales will warrant the investment...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"