New Hardy Boys TV series coming!

Started by SDLagent, October 02, 2010, 08:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDLagent

tomswift2002

It's also interesting how in the 90's show Frank and Joe are mentioned as being 22 and 20, respectively, but then in the 70's show, from what I've seen, Frank and Joe's ages are kept rather incognito so that you know that they are young adults and are old enough to even marry, but their ages are never explicitly stated.  You know, in the books that sort of information comes out, but on TV, unless you have a shot showing their birthdate, and what day and year the episode is set in (or a shot of a tombstone with their birthdate and death date on it), or someone says it, then that sort of information isn't important.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

If you figure in that most teenage roles on TV are played by people in their twenties, age is really subjective. I still hope for teenage Joe and Frank. However, I'm sure they would look slightly older than an actual teenager because that's just how it goes.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Has there been any news on this at all?

SDLagent

Other than the original announcement, no.

hardygirl847

Will there ever be another announcement? :(
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 14, 2011, 04:41:33 PM
Will there ever be another announcement? :(

It's still pretty early in development. They just recently started working on the project so it'll probably be awhile before they even have a release date, let alone a cast.

MacGyver

Yeah- don't give up hope on it yet, by any means. But I do kind of wonder if this might turn out to be another one of these deals where something is initially announced as a potential project but then winds up fizzling out for whatever reason. (The proposed 1988 revival of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries series that never happened is coming to mind.) But like I said- don't give up hope yet. We just need to be a little more patient and keep an ear out for any more developments.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries revival? I've never heard of that! What were the plans?

MacGyver

Well, in 1988 there was a big TV writers' strike. Brandon Tartikoff, then president of NBC, needed to fill TV show slots for the Fall of 1988 and one of his proposals during that summer was to revive The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries with new actors. I don't know if he would have done the Nancy Drew part- only The Hardy Boys were specifically mentioned. He seemed to indicate that old scripts for unfilmed episodes of the '70s show existed and new actors would have been filming those episodes. You can read some article I dug up about it in this thread.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

MacGyver

Yep- I've seen all the episodes. I've got both the '90s The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew shows on DVD. :)
I like them both pretty well- though The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries from the '70s is still my favorite. But they're all good. 8)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 15, 2011, 09:13:31 PM
Yep- I've seen all the episodes. I've got both the '90s The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew shows on DVD. :)
I like them both pretty well- though The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries from the '70s is still my favorite. But they're all good. 8)

Which one(s) from the 70's and 95 series are your favorites?