#14 Hazed

Started by Lola, February 12, 2007, 08:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

QuoteI really like your signature as well! I think that C.S. Lewis really is an inspiration.
Thanks. John 14:6 is one of my favorite Bible verses. :)

QuoteI have read a few of the originals and enjoyed them a lot! Though it seems to me that in the originals they focus too much on the case and skip over the family or emotional scenes. I don't think that I've read any of the digests yet. I'll have to see if they have any at my library.
Interesting perspective. So do you think the UB books put more of an emphasis or family and relationships than the originals? To be fair, the books are primarily written to be mysteries with an emphasis on action, so it seems natural that the books would mostly focus on the case at hand. But even in the originals, there are some scenes with the family and some relationship scenes and emotional scenes- but I would agree that they are not very prevalent.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on February 28, 2011, 09:28:35 AM
Interesting perspective. So do you think the UB books put more of an emphasis or family and relationships than the originals? To be fair, the books are primarily written to be mysteries with an emphasis on action, so it seems natural that the books would mostly focus on the case at hand. But even in the originals, there are some scenes with the family and some relationship scenes and emotional scenes- but I would agree that they are not very prevalent.

I agree with her.  ;D

Mrs. Nick Jonas

I would say that the small things make a huge difference to me in the books. It seems to me that in the UB books it describes more about how they feel toward each other. For instance, in the originals, they might say that one of the brothers were worried about the other or that they feared for their life. In the UB books however it tells you what that means, how they really feel. I'm a writer, so every single racing heart adds to the big picture to me.

But maybe I'm still getting over how in The Shore Road Mystery when Frank has to take his younger bro to the hospital it just stated what happened, & didn't show it. The main reason why I read that book was because I heard that Joe had to go to the hospital, LOL! Still glad that I read it though! It was kewl.

Could you tell me what original books have an emotional scene in them? I'd love to read any Hardy Boy book that has emotion in it!
"I don't pray because it changes God, I pray because it changes me". ~ C.S. Lewis

MacGyver

I will have to think on that and get back to you- I feel pretty sure there are some good examples out there, but it's been a while since I've read some of the original books. And The Shore Road Mystery is definitely a good one. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: Mrs. Nick Jonas on March 01, 2011, 01:52:11 AM
Could you tell me what original books have an emotional scene in them? I'd love to read any Hardy Boy book that has emotion in it!

You should check out The House On The Cliff then, since there's a couple of pretty emotional scenes in that book.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

What about The Hardy Boys Casefiles, No. 2 and No. 10?

Mrs. Nick Jonas

Thanks for the suggestions!  :D
"I don't pray because it changes God, I pray because it changes me". ~ C.S. Lewis

Hardy Boys UB Fan