Hardy Boys GN#16: Shhhhhh!

Started by SkyWarp, July 19, 2008, 10:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankJoeATAC

I think Malled was worse than To Die or Not to Die.

JoeHardyRocks

I don't care what anyone says, I LOVED to Die or Not to Die.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

''To Die or Not to Die'' wasn't bad...''Malled'' was bad.

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 22, 2009, 06:31:41 PM
I'm still looking for the mystery story.

That's just what my brother said.

Keep in mind, though, a few of the Graphic Novels are NOT mysteries (Live Free, Die Hardy! for example).

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

Well, I didn't mind with ''Live Free, Die Hardy!'' because I wasn't expecting one, but when people pick-up a Hardy Boys book they are usually expecting a mystery story.

003Robin457

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 22, 2009, 06:31:41 PM
I justed read Shhhh tonight.  And to be quite frank...I'm still looking for the mystery story.  And I've gone through the whole book.  This is definitely not one of Scott Lobdell's better books.  Infact, I think this has to be the second worst Graphic novel, after To Die Or Not To Die.

Rating: 1.5 out of 10.
To Die or Not to Die was by far not the worst althought I'm not sure what the worst is.

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

SDLagent

For once we agree, JHR (I may have already mentioned my dislike for ''Malled'' in this thread).

Olivia

Malled probably is the worst although I don't really like To Die or Not to Die.

This is my comment from before in the GNs section:

Quote from: Rainbows & Lollipops on November 25, 2007, 07:35:40 PM
I didn't like it much either, and could see where it was going. That girl was also extremely annoying.

Olivia

I understand what the rest of you are saying, but for what it is, I really enjoyed it. Since it?s been a while, I?ll just give a quick spoiler warning.

SPOILERS AHEAD?

I like the normal stuff near the beginning i.e. the garage sale & showing more of their family, plus Lindsay. I think it?s cool that they happened to go to the same city as Laura and had to ?duck? her. I also like the humour throughout, and how they had to deal with the kids. The whole ambulance thing at the end was good, too (but of course we saw something like that coming ? it seemed too short/easy). And the ending with the boy wanting to be like them, and one of the twin girls going to write a story about them ? I just liked those references lol.

I also really enjoyed the whole ?library? aspect. It may sound corny, but I love the library: it?s one of my favourite places. I wouldn't mind going to Washington, D.C. or another major library.

SDLagent

I liked Frank and Joe's interaction with the kids, too. Highlight of the book for me.