The Hardy Boys Secret Files

Started by tomswift2002, March 12, 2009, 08:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

According to http://hardyboysunofficial.blogspot.com/

Friday, July 03, 2009
July 2009 Update

NEW! The Hardy Boys: Secret Files
A brand-new series geared for younger readers, much like the Nancy Drew "Clue Crew" series.
Illustrated by Scott Burroughs
Due out in April 2010!
Trouble at the Arcade (#1)
The Missing Mitt (#2)

Check out the website to see what the covers are supposed to look like. I couldn't figure out how to do it on here...sorry...
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Its funny how the series is suppose to be in the style of the Nancy Drew Clue Crew and yet they list the age range as 9-12.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Yeah I don't know...I'm not holding my breath for this series. I have enough to catch up on with the GN. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

I think the covers for this series were posted awhile back.

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 02, 2009, 11:27:11 PM
*SO...No offense to my beloved Hardys, but if they are 7 and 8 I will skip this book/series.

Don't worry they're not 7 and 8, they're 8 and 8. :P

hardygirl847

lol Well that makes a HUGE difference!! Just kidding. It doesn't.

tomswift2002

Chapters.ca, Amazon.com and Amazon.ca all have the titles for #'s 3 & 4 in this series, while the 2 Amazon's have the cover art:

Mystery Map (#3) (August 17, 2010)

http://www.amazon.ca/Mystery-Map-Franklin-W-Dixon/dp/1416991654/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260231569&sr=1-2

Hopping Mad (#4) (September 14, 2010)

http://www.amazon.ca/Hopping-Mad-Franklin-W-Dixon/dp/1416993959/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260231569&sr=1-1

Personally the cover art is starting to wear thin since these covers remind me of the old E-surance commericals...plus the covers look like they were made out of construction paper.

Also it's pretty odd how the publishing is going to be: Volumes 1 & 2 in April, then #3 won't be out till August, and #4 will be, essentially, nipping #3's heels in September.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Yeah well I still think they would be better off making a Casefiles type series again. What happened to that?? If I was a young tween or teen going to the store nowadays... GASP...I don't think I would have found Hardy Boys thrilling or something to be obsessed about. I go to Borders and they have some bluespines and MAYBE a newer one. I just don't think these new series do the Boys justice. Even some libraries don't carry Casefiles anymore and a LOT of people like them above all else...

Ugh. Maybe I should write to my congressman. lol

4567TME

Secret Files sound kind of like the Clues Brothers.