TV show episode discussion club?

Started by MacGyver, November 08, 2011, 07:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

With this week, we will wrap up reviewing Season 1 of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. Sadly, I have fallen woefully behind on doing reviews of the episodes- something I do still hope to rectify soon. However, with Christmas soon approaching, I am thinking of waiting until after the New Year to start in on Season 2. This may hopefully give me some time to catch up on Season 1, for one, and also allow time for Christmas and other holiday celebrations and such. Does anyone have any opinion on this? I can keep posting a new thead each week and move forward into Season 2, if that's what everyone wants. If I don't hear anything though, I think I may just hold off until the New Year then. I'm excited to soon get Season 2 and then Season 3 underway though. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

All right- I've decided I'm going to move forward with posting new threads and hopefully I will eventually get caught up on reviewing episodes....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Sorry I've been behind in posting threads for the last two weeks or so- things have been busy lately. So many things I want to accomplish and so often it seems they just don't all happen when I'd like them to......... oh well. It's all good- it's all in God's hands- I'll get to everything in His time. :D 8)

MacGyver

Again- I apologize that this week's thread was posted so late.... as I said before, some things have been kinda crazy lately and it seems hard sometimes to catch a moment's break. And like I said before- God's still in control- keep breathing slowly and relax- keep trusting. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 07, 2013, 04:00:29 PM
Again- I apologize that this week's thread was posted so late.... as I said before, some things have been kinda crazy lately and it seems hard sometimes to catch a moment's break. And like I said before- God's still in control- keep breathing slowly and relax- keep trusting. :) 8)

I think I'll take a slice of your wise advice there, MacGyver. :) 8) Good words that are very true. 8) And don't worry, no need to apologize, I'm sure everyone on here fully understands being really busy at times! :) This is for fun and relaxation, not stress or pressure. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on March 08, 2013, 09:31:58 AM
Thanks, Hardy Sleuth. :) 8)

You're welcome, MacGyver and thank you for sharing your wise reminder there about breathing and trusting, doesn't hurt to be reminded of that. :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

For sure- we sang a great hymn at church that very succinctly sums up the Christian life and walk with Christ- Trust and Obey. "Trust and obey- for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey." :) 8)

MacGyver

Well, that's all, folks! :) 8)
We now have threads up for every episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries- all three seasons of which have finally been released to DVD! And we have also done threads for The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Chinese Junk (1967 pilot), The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure serial that aired as part of The Mickey Mouse Club, and the entire 1995 series The Hardy Boys as well as its companion show, the 1995 Nancy Drew series. We've also done threads for all four of the 1930s Nancy Drew movies and the 2002 Nancy Drew pilot and the 2007 Nancy Drew movie.
        So at this point we have covered most every Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew related media appearances, whether in movies, TV series, pilots, etc. Of course, if Disney would ever release the second Hardy Boys serial from The Mickey Mouse Club, The Hardy Boys: The Mystery of Ghost Farm, to DVD I would gladly add a thread for that. And if somehow the 1969-1971 Filmation cartoon series The Hardy Boys ever got a DVD release, I would also gladly add threads for those episodes.
         Until such time, I think this will be it for this TV episode review club. Thanks to all those who participated. I have really enjoyed maintaining this. I wish I had been able to better keep up with regular reviews of episodes and all, but those pesky real life issues keep getting in the way- lol. ;D
         Anyway, the threads are still up in this forum of course and you can feel free to add to review threads at any time. I hope to eventually keep going through the various series and give more thorough reviews. And hopefully eventually we'll have some of these other series to add to this as well. :) 8)