Graphic Novel #13

Started by tomswift2002, October 02, 2007, 05:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

Wikipedia also has The Amazing Case of Lind'z Rider listed.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

Amazon.com isn't listing the book yet, however, Amazon.ca is listing the book by the same title.  It is really odd that Papercutz lists the books in Canada first before they list it in the US.  I wonder if the graphic novels are selling better in Canada than the US, so they list in Canada first?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Centrion

Anyone knows what Lind'z Rider means?
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Sam Spade

Quote from: Sam Spade on October 02, 2007, 11:30:39 PM
Wikipedia also has The Amazing Case of Lind'z Rider listed.

On Wikipedia's main page for The Hardy Boys, in the Undercover Brothers section, #13 is listed as The Deadliest Stunt, but on Wikipedia's official "Undercover Brothers" page, it's still listed as The Amazing Case of Lind'z Rider... :-\

Here's some links! :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_Brothers
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

Amazon.com is now listing the book as The Deadliest Stunt, however, both Amazon.ca and Chapters.ca are still listing the book by the Lind'z Rider title.  Here's a wild thought, but maybe in Canada the book is going to have a different title from its American counterpart?

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 03, 2007, 06:20:41 PM
It is really odd that Papercutz lists the books in Canada first before they list it in the US.

Comic book (and I would assume Graphic Novels too) are being printed in Canada and China more often all the time.  You might be hardpressed to find someone printing their comics in the United States unless they are doing a HUGE number of copies (ie DC, Marvel). 

Centrion

Hmm, Maybe the Comic will have a different name in different countries (Lind'z Rider, Deadliest Stunt). Should be interesting.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

Quote from: Light123 on November 04, 2007, 10:47:48 AM
Hmm, Maybe the Comic will have a different name in different countries (Lind'z Rider, Deadliest Stunt). Should be interesting.

And if it is, then that will be a first for a Hardy Boys book.  And I'm counting the Anglicizing of the titles done in the 1950's to the 1970's in England.

Centrion

Yeah, but hey, there's a first time for everything.
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

Book Description

When a mysterious saboteur infiltrates the Miss Teen Stunt Americana competition, Joe and Frank are assigned to back up one of the contestants... Lind'Z Rider, the most flamboyant and impulsive A.T.A.C. agent ever!  As if the competition stunts weren?t dangerous enough, Frank and Joe must stop the saboteur before someone dies!

I guess we now know where the first title for #13, The Amazing Case of Lind'Z Rider came from.  Looks like Lind'Z is an ATAC agent.  Oh, boy, not another ATAC oriented story again.  Do the Hardy's have nothing else to do than to solve cases for ATAC?

Centrion

Yeah, they should include some non-ATAC missions. I think the only one not ATAC was Ocean of Osyria, and A Hardy's Day Night, and even that was ATAC oriented.
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

The only non-ATAC stories in the graphic novels so far have been The Ocean of Osyria and The Opposite Numbers.  GN #7 had the boys on a train heading to an ATAC assignment that was revealed in #8, but #7 dealt with introducing WARD.

Centrion

Ah, thats right, how could I forget WARD!?
-Frank
-Joe

tomswift2002

Just received my copy today.  The finally updated the ad in the back for the Nancy Drew PC series to White Wolf, there's a lot of talk about Bionicle, and the ad for the main Undercover Brothers series is still advertising #13 The Mummy's Curse as being available in December 2006.