The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: Hardy Sleuth on June 17, 2013, 12:05:37 AM
Alright, so that means it's either one of the two Tom Swift ones or one of the Super Mysteries. I haven't read and don't have the two Tom Swift books and I only have a few of the Super Mysteries and haven't read many. Since your trivia question talked about French, it might mean they're in France, or maybe not, but, I know the titles of the Super Mysteries, and although I don't have this particular title, I'm wondering if maybe the answer is in the book The Paris Connection? Well, even though I don't have the answer right away, I'm enjoying the mystery, tomswift2002! :) And as you can tell, I'm really trying to figure it out! :)

You are so cold with that answer, but it's not from either of those series or TPC.  But it is from a mystery set in France.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

It's from either the 70s or 90s TV show?
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

tomswift2002

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Hardy Sleuth

I don't have the series, but I did a search for titles and info, I remember reading on here that they were in France for a mystery there in the 90s series. Is it from the episode called The Last Laugh?
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

tomswift2002

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: tomswift2002 on June 18, 2013, 08:44:10 PM
You're getting closer.

So anyone who has this episode (I don't) will be able to answer this trivia question and win the game! 8)

MacGyver

When I first saw this question, I immediately thought of Evil, Inc., since that book is set in France as well. But when tomswift2002 mentioned that it was "sort of" from the Casefiles, then I started thinking the 1990s show, which also had some episodes set in France. And I'm pretty sure I recall the scene he's talking about. However, I don't recall what Frank's comparison was right now... if and when I get a chance, I can pull out my DVD set at home and check though.... :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Sounds like I've stumped you guys.

MacGyver

Yay for reviving an old thread! I finally remembered to sit down and watch through this episode- Frank's comparison to Joe expecting every French person to carry a French baguette is "like expecting every American to be packing a gun."
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 05, 2013, 04:19:19 PM
Yay for reviving an old thread! I finally remembered to sit down and watch through this episode- Frank's comparison to Joe expecting every French person to carry a French baguette is "like expecting every American to be packing a gun."

Well, I think we can definitely say that this was a stumper of a question.  But, yes, it is a gun.  Your turn MacGyver.

MacGyver

Yeah, good question, man. I'll have to think of another good one now.... hmm..... :)  ;)

MacGyver

What's the original name of the Tabors' housekeeper that Frank and Joe met while solving a mystery for them?

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on September 08, 2013, 01:11:30 AM
What's the original name of the Tabors' housekeeper that Frank and Joe met while solving a mystery for them?

This is an easy one, but I'll see if someone else can get it.

MacGyver

Okay- cool. Thanks for giving others a shot first.  :) 8)

MacGyver