Statistics

Started by tomswift2002, June 22, 2009, 02:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

I was just looking at the forum statistics and I couldn't help but notice that there appears to be more females who like Mr. Pizza and the Hardy Boys than males, since the ratio is for every 1 male, there are 1.2 females.

I guess the Hardy Boys aren't just a boys series anymore.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

FrankJoeATAC

Well, yeah, because girls like to read about heroes (The Hardy Boys) just as much as we like reading about heroines (Nancy Drew)

JoeHardyRocks

Just because boys are the main characters, doesn't neccesarily mean it's for boys.
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

SDLagent

It was originally for boys. The thing is though, more girls will read a "kid's book" into their teen, than boys.

JoeHardyRocks

Girls like to read about the hero boys, because they're just so polite and nice and stuff. You just don't find many boys like that in the real world, so we read about them.
"Thank you, Joe."

NZone

Um hello? The world is full of nice, polite people like me.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: NZone on June 23, 2009, 05:37:40 PM
Um hello? The world is full of nice, polite people like me.

Boys. Not older boys. Kids. Even though you're only 16. :P
"Thank you, Joe."

NZone

You people scare me, please stay away from my home. If you don't wanna get beat down, just leave the presents and then leave me alone.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on June 23, 2009, 05:36:30 PM
Girls like to read about the hero boys, because they're just so polite and nice and stuff. You just don't find many boys like that in the real world, so we read about them.

I don't find the UB Hardy Boys that polite. Maybe Frank, but not so much Joe. And Frank's such a nerd it doesn't matter much.

FrankJoeATAC

I think she was talking about the whole "Chivalry" thing, more than politeness.

NZone

Chivalry is dead. Misogyny is the new "in" thing.

FrankJoeATAC

Olivia

I think NZone has been hanging around Chris Brown. (Just a joke).

For the whole "chivalry" thing it might depend on the maturity/background of the guy and/or his age and which generation he's from.

Everyone around my age has always been super nice (to me, anyways). Offering to drive me home, and so on.

JoeHardyRocks

I only know about... 0 guys like that. :P Maybe actually one, but all the other ones are just super rude and burp in our faces all the time. This one guy kicks us and karate chops us really hard at our church every week. :P :P :P
"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

Karate chops?! That's both stupid and funny at the same time.