What we need.

Started by 003Robin457, May 20, 2009, 10:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

003Robin457

Okay so I was watching  Batman Beyond and was thinking. The Hardy Boys need a cartoon like this. I know they had a show in the 60's or 80s or something but the You Tube clips I saw made it look really cheesy and well 60's~ish. They should go in now and make a show I bet it would make it.

SDLagent

I think a Hardy Boys cartoon would be a cool idea, but I'd rather have a live-action one.

003Robin457

If its live action though it should be an hour long show.

SDLagent

tomswift2002

Quote from: 003Robin457 on May 21, 2009, 04:55:42 PM
If its live action though it should be an hour long show.

I like the 1995 Hardy Boys show, but I agree.  Due to the time limitations there were a number of good episodes in the series that, had they been given a 1-hour time limit or even made into a 2-part episode of 2 half-hour epiodes, the plots of episodes like The Last Laugh or Jazzman could made for some really great crime drama.  But as the episodes were done everything had to be rushed and that meant that some of the characters we never really got to know. 

In Jazzman, which I think is one of the top 5 episodes of the series, I like the fact that the Hardy's find out more information on the guy who has disappeared, but then I just found that the parts dealing with what occurred in the past were rushed and I never got an idea of what exactly the guy who disappeared had seen, and just how the criminal fit into the story.  Had the show been an hour long I think people would've loved to have seen for even 30 minutes the backstory developed, so that then at the end of the show you would understand the direction that the criminal was coming from.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

FrankJoeATAC

Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 22, 2009, 05:01:38 PM
I like the 1995 Hardy Boys show, but I agree.  Due to the time limitations there were a number of good episodes in the series that, had they been given a 1-hour time limit or even made into a 2-part episode of 2 half-hour epiodes, the plots of episodes like The Last Laugh or Jazzman could made for some really great crime drama.  But as the episodes were done everything had to be rushed and that meant that some of the characters we never really got to know. 

Wasn't the Last Laugh, a crossover episode? If so, that was my favorite one.

tomswift2002

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on May 22, 2009, 05:09:54 PM
Quote from: tomswift2002 on May 22, 2009, 05:01:38 PM

Wasn't the Last Laugh, a crossover episode? If so, that was my favorite one.

It was.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca