What Is The Worst UB?

The Mummy's Curse
9 (100%)
Death And Dimonds
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: April 10, 2009, 01:33:55 PM

Bigfootman

Hopefully, there won't be any trouble this time!   ;)
The Mummy's Curse.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Sam Spade

Yeah right! lol!

I went with The Mummy's Curse.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

003Robin457

Olivia

SDLagent

The Mummy's Curse is the worst UB, IMO.

003Robin457

I liked The Mummys Curse, but really SDL, worst than Burned?

SDLagent

FrankJoeATAC

hardy boys fan

Hey!............. Ohhhhh

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Man

I think that both The Mummy's Curse and Death and Diamonds were fairly well written books. But I have to say that the worse of the two was The Mummy's Curse. Death and Diamonds sort of reminded me of what the Hardy Boys should look like. I mean, there was action, a real mystery (one that a three year old couldn't see coming from a mile away), suspense, murder, and a twist ending. If only they had done a little better job of ending things. For instance, why did the crooks have to kill Frank after he killed Sanguillen. They could have just lied to him and skipped town with the money. If their plan worked, the fact that there was a witness wouldn't have mattered. No one would have been able to prosecute them. The publishers also should have expanded the opening fight scene in the book. This was one of the few opening scenes in a UB that I didn't mark out of my book after reading. I think that it would have been a much better story had the opening been expanded a little. Maybe they could have gone into the details of how the burglars got away or expanded the fight scene in the helicopter. I thought that The Mummy's Curse was a fairly decent UB as well (it looks like I might have to amend the earlier statement that I made about #5 being the last decent one). There was plenty of action, a decent story, multiple murders that increased the hype, and an ending that no one could have seen coming (though we all knew that it had to be someone that wanted the money and was desperate or passionate enough to kill for it). There was also a pretty good backstory, which is one of my favorite things to see in a mystery. However, there were also several holes in the story.
1. The opening chase scene (need I say more)
2. The whole time through, I felt like I was reading a typical whodunit mystery. Everyone started out as a suspect and through the course of the book, everyone either died or was in some way removed from the suspect list until the climactic moment, at which point, there remained only two or three possible choices.... And the winner iiiiisss...
3. Why would ATAC tell the Hardys that they wanted them to go on a mission and then tell them that they would have to find their own way onto Sam's boat? Why go to all of the trouble of finding them, developing fake IDs for them, and sneaking a message to them if they were going risk it all on the Hardys' ability as liars and con men (which, as is proved throughout throughout the series, is minimal to nonexistent)?
4. The rushed ending. I mean, first we have this awesome deathtrap and we're wondering how the heroes are going to escape. And in ten seconds it's all over because of an undercover agent who was unbelievably placed on the inside to "protect" the Hardys.