What If

Started by hardygirl847, March 01, 2011, 01:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

You know the what if game??? Well we could do it Hardy Boys style...

1. What supporting character would you be and in what situation and/or book if you could be in ANY Hardy Boys book? If you want to include why, that'd be cool too. :)

You could be a villain, love interest, friend of the Hardys, relative, someone that asks them for help, etc....

Feel free to answer my question and then ask one too.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

It'd be cool being a friend of The Hardy Boys and enjoying that cool Christmas vacation with them in The Mystery of Cabin Island (particularly the original text because then I could enjoy the late 1920s setting.)- But I'm definitely spending Christmas Day with my family first.
   It might also be cool being there in the midst of one of their Network operations, like Evil, Inc.- probably be pretty scared of course- but also rushed with adrenaline- trying to keep alive does that to you, I guess. :)

What if you had to tutor Frank and Joe because of all that time they miss from class going off on assignments? ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan

Am I crazy for wanting to be in every book?  ;D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on March 01, 2011, 12:19:43 PM
Am I crazy for wanting to be in every book?  ;D

No. I do too!  ;) ;D

JoeHardyRocks

Ooooh!! I love this!! Okay, If I had to pick only one, I would be either Charity from The Crowning Terror or somebody from Deathgame. But I want to be in all of them!! :D

Quote from: MacGyver on March 01, 2011, 01:10:22 AM
What if you had to tutor Frank and Joe because of all that time they miss from class going off on assignments? ;D

That probably wouldn't be too bad, they're smart kiddies. ;D

What if you could change the ending to any Hardy Boys book? Which one would you choose, and why? :D
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

That'd be easy (unfortunately)  ::)   Probably the whole Hardy Boys UB. Murder House trilogy.  ::) That one was horrible!  ::) :) It just didn't set well with me, and I really don't know why. It just didn't.  ::)

MacGyver

I have to admit, I'd be kinda tempted to give the entire Undercover Brothers series a Newhart style ending- lol. ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 05:51:53 PM
I have to admit, I'd be kinda tempted to give the entire Undercover Brothers series a Newhart style ending- lol. ;D

A WHAT?!  ??? ::)         
(Sorry) :-[ :)

MacGyver

Does this mean you're familiar with the way the last episode of Newhart ended? :D

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 07:53:00 PM
Does this mean you're familiar with the way the last episode of Newhart ended? :D

Nope.  ::) Never heard of it.  ???

MacGyver

Newhart is a 1980s sitcom that Bob Newhart starred in. He did this pretty much immediately after The Bob Newhart Show ended, which mostly ran in the 1970s. The joke here is- at the end of Newhart, the main character had a revelation that his entire show had been a dream and as the audience, we found out that the main character of Newhart was in actuality the main character of The Bob Newhart Show, who had just had a really, really long dream! ;D
Thus, my joke about The Hardy Boys waking up from a really, really long dream back in the Digests/Casefiles world to discover that the UB universe had only been a dream. ;)
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/newhart-series-finale-15489/

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 08:09:18 PM
Newhart is a 1980s sitcom that Bob Newhart starred in. He did this pretty much immediately after The Bob Newhart Show ended, which mostly ran in the 1970s. The joke here is- at the end of Newhart, the main character had a revelation that his entire show had been a dream and as the audience, we found out that the main character of Newhart was in actuality the main character of The Bob Newhart Show, who had just had a really, really long dream! ;D
Thus, my joke about The Hardy Boys waking up from a really, really long dream back in the Digests/Casefiles world to discover that the UB universe had only been a dream. ;)
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/newhart-series-finale-15489/

Okay.  ::) :)

MacGyver

Well, I thought it would be funny anyway. ;D

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 03, 2011, 08:21:47 PM
Well, I thought it would be funny anyway. ;D

It sounds interesting.  ;)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

hardygirl847

Mac, I didn't get the reference either but thanks for explaining it. That would be funny to have the UB series be just a dream. lol

What if you could change the ending to any Hardy Boys book? Which one would you choose, and why? :D

I would change the ending....of....hmm....BAB gets a bad rap for its ending from some people. Maybe add a little more brotherly love moments in there when Joe realizes who Frank is....Maybe. I think for the most part I've been happy with most endings. They seem to wrap up well. My "changes" are kind of why I write fanfic. I can do what I want...but that doesn't mean I want to change the originals necessarily.

Good ? but not sure I have one that I can think of right now. I haven't read many Ubs either....

Oh I'd definitely tutor Frank and Joe. Although, depending on my hypothetical age in this question, I'm not sure how much studying we'd get done. LOL I'm sure Joe could  charm his way out of doing it and Frank would just make me giggle the whole time.

But if I were to be much older and had to be professional, I'm sure it'd be fun and somewhat trying to get Joe to focus. Frank would probably question everything but at least get his work done. :)

What if you were Frank and Joe's parents? BUT instead of encouraging their investigating, you act like YOUR parents? How would their lives be different?

I know my parents wouldn't let me travel and do all that. I would ESPECIALLY be in trouble for most of the Casefiles series. No guns! Lol If the Hardys had my parents, they wouldn't be internationally known detectives.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)