Who Would You Save? The Chums

Started by hardygirl847, February 21, 2011, 04:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you save out of the Hardy Boys' chums?

Callie Shaw
Iola Morton
Vanessa Bender
Chet Morton
Biff Hooper
Phil Cohen
Tony Prito
Belinda Conrad (UBs and GNs)
Nancy Drew
I can't pick! I'd have to figure out a way to save them all!
Everyone but Nancy! She can worry about herself.
No one...let the Assassins have them.

hardygirl847

Just a fun hypothetical (I know, I know...) question.

Do your best to pick just 1, 2 or 3. Picking them all isn't as fun. :) To me, at least.

Happy voting and discussing!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Hardy Boys UB Fan

JoeHardyRocks

Not Chet or Biff, they'd be too heavy to haul up. :P  Iola's out too, because she's already died once... :'( I like Callie, but not THAT much... I don't know Phil.... I don't really like Belinda :P....You'd have to save Nancy, or else River Heights would be over-run with criminals! ;D so I chose Vanessa, Nancy, and Tony. :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

hardygirl847

lol I like your rationale. I chose Callie for Frank (and because I love him...he should be happy), Vanessa for Joe (same reason), and Chet because he's the comic relief most of the time. :)

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

JoeHardyRocks

hypothetical question: But wouldn't Joe be happier with Iola?   :-\ :o
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

AlwaysAJoefan

I voted for Biff, Phil, and Tony.  :D I don't really care about Iola, Vanessa, Belinda, Callie, or Nancy.  ::)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on February 21, 2011, 04:15:25 PM
Not Chet or Biff, they'd be too heavy to haul up. :P  Iola's out too, because she's already died once... :'( I like Callie, but not THAT much... I don't know Phil.... I don't really like Belinda :P ....You'd have to save Nancy, or else River Heights would be over-run with criminals! ;D so I chose Vanessa, Nancy, and Tony. :)

I guess you're right about Nancy. I still don't like her. I say, let River Heights be over-run with criminals, for all I care! :D ::)

tomswift2002

I was going to go for everyone, except Belinda Conrad (who needs her?), but the poll would only allow three, so I went with Callie, Iola and Nancy.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

I started my Hardy Boys obsession with the Casefiles so Iola was dead for most of it. Therefore, I always put Vanessa with Joe.

Good question though....Since she was kind of like his first love, he may want a second chance with her, if he could. Not sure he would totally dump Vanessa for Iola right away....but he might in the long run.

MacGyver

Well, Joe and Iola had been going out for 60 years by the time of the Casefiles, so I'd say Iola has the edge here.

And sorry, but I've never liked these kinds of questions- I had to do this kind of stuff in philosophy class and I didn't care much for that class either. So I'm going with the MacGyver answer - I would pray and trust God will find a way to save them all. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Well, I guess that's true...that Iola has the advantage. If Joe thought she was dead and moved on with his life, would he just dump Vanessa for Iola?

And I know you've said you're not into these types of questions but I'm glad you participate anyways. :) Also, I LOVED philosophy class. I think it's super interesting. Mind boggling sometimes...but really thought provoking.

But I would prefer if they were all saved too. ;)

MacGyver

QuoteAnd I know you've said you're not into these types of questions but I'm glad you participate anyways.  Also, I LOVED philosophy class. I think it's super interesting. Mind boggling sometimes...but really thought provoking.
Oh, well- thanks then. :)
The best thing about my philosophy course in college is that we got to read The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis - one of my Christian heroes and favorite authors! That book is not really seemingly deeply theological on the surface- but it definitely gets into great philosopical questions regarding education- which on a deeper level do reveal some theological issues as well.
That book is definitely quite mind-boggling. (along with most all of C.S. Lewis' books.) :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

I picked Nancy (as I'm a Nancy Drew fan), Chet, and Vanessa. Although Nancy would have probably have saved herself anyways...

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Ah yes! Another Nancy Drew fan on the forums! And another male, funnily enough. (It seems a number of the females on here don't care much for Nancy Drew- though I think there are at least a few female fans on here though.)

hardygirl847

Mac,

That sounds interesting. I honestly can't recall which books we read but I remember liking our discussions. I had a cool professor too. I guess I'm getting too old to remember certain things. Uh oh... :)

Nancy probably could save herself but I wouldn't be crushed if she didn't. OMGosh that's horrible to say!!!

Oh well. :P