What was the ATAC Vs. The Network war all about?

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, January 26, 2011, 08:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

I've been wondering what the ATAC Vs. The Network war is -- or was about? I'm seeing some posts that mention it. But I don't get it.  ???

JoeHardyRocks

Oh My Word that was this 'war' we had.... It was actually pretty hilarious... hold on let me find the link I'll post it in a second..
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

JoeHardyRocks

Okay Here is the ACTUAL war:

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=788.0

Here's the after-war topic:

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=918.msg20947#msg20947

read the WHOLE first topic first :)

It's KIND of still ongoing, we still argue a little bit

Oh, and another small war, just because they're stupid :

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=1583.0
"Thank you, Joe."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 26, 2011, 08:54:37 PM
Okay Here is the ACTUAL war:

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=788.0

Here's the after-war topic:

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=918.msg20947#msg20947

read the WHOLE first topic first :)

It's KIND of still ongoing, we still argue a little bit

Oh, and another small war, just because they're stupid :

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=1583.0

Should I join or not?  I do like ATAC over the Network most of the time!  ;D

JoeHardyRocks

LOL I wish you would've been there when it started, we needed some more recruits for ATAC! I think it's kind of died now, at least until Bigfootman or bozonessinc gets back... Haha kinda j/k...
"Thank you, Joe."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 26, 2011, 09:21:32 PM
LOL I wish you would've been there when it started, we needed some more recruits for ATAC! I think it's kind of died now, at least until Bigfootman or bozonessinc gets back... Haha kinda j/k...

Don't tell anyone who likes the Network. But ATAC is so much better then the Network! ;)

MacGyver

Okay, now this is coming from a general fan of The Hardy Boys who pretty much enjoys all the series to some degree. So I don't necessarily think The Network or ATAC is better than the other- both are good. I probably prefer the Casefiles because I'm more familiar with them. I would really need to read the Undercover Brothers books to have a more balanced opinion. (And I do have the collection of titles released thus far- just need to get around to reading them.) But just out of curiousity- are there particular things you like better about ATAC than The Network? (i.e. they do certain things better- perhaps they're nicer in general to The Hardys, better weaponry and tools, etc.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on January 26, 2011, 08:47:20 PM
I've been wondering what the ATAC Vs. The Network war is -- or was about?

It wasn't about much and it wasn't much of a "war".

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on January 26, 2011, 11:22:07 PM
Okay, now this is coming from a general fan of The Hardy Boys who pretty much enjoys all the series to some degree. So I don't necessarily think The Network or ATAC is better than the other- both are good. I probably prefer the Casefiles because I'm more familiar with them. I would really need to read the Undercover Brothers books to have a more balanced opinion. (And I do have the collection of titles released thus far- just need to get around to reading them.) But just out of curiousity- are there particular things you like better about ATAC than The Network? (i.e. they do certain things better- perhaps they're nicer in general to The Hardys, better weaponry and tools, etc.)
ATAC is nicer to the Hardys and they have better weaponry. I like that they have technology (cell phone, laptops and the internet.) Also, that ATAC doesn't leave them with no direction as to what to do. The Network seems to leave them hanging when the do need help.   

JoeHardyRocks

The only thing I don't like that much about ATAC is that the Hardy's never seem to get a break... They shouldn't start the books with the end of a mission then send them on another right afterwards... :-\ But other than that, I think it's great! They give them stuff whenever they go on missions,  and in the GN's they have an archenemy! And sometimes you get to actually see the ATAC facility. They train the Hardy's in all kind of cool fighting stuff too! ;D They also tell them WHAT they need to do. The Network seem like ruthless killers, and they don't really seem to like the Hardys... And they also don't give them help after they send them on thier missions! :(
"Thank you, Joe."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 27, 2011, 11:00:06 AM
The only thing I don't like that much about ATAC is that the Hardy's never seem to get a break... They shouldn't start the books with the end of a mission then send them on another right afterwards... :-\ But other than that, I think it's great! They give them stuff whenever they go on missions,  and in the GN's they have an archenemy! And sometimes you get to actually see the ATAC facility. They train the Hardy's in all kinda of cool fighting stuff too! ;D They also tell them WHAT they need to do. The Network seem like ruthless killers, and they don't really seem to like the Hardys... And they also don't give them help after they send them on thier missions! :(

I agree. They shouldn't start the books like that. The Network does seem like ruthless killers. :o   I think they don't like them much either! ;)

MacGyver

Well, there is a big difference with ATAC and The Network that you have to remember. Fenton Hardy founded ATAC. Frank and Joe were his first recruits. Of course the sons of the founder are going to get treated well. The Hardys have much more control or least a say in the runnings of ATAC to some degree. So I think there is a much different setup there- especially since the organization specifically wanted teenagers working for them.
    With The Network, it's much more of a different story. Frank and Joe have more of a begruding partnership with The Network after proving their worth to The Gray Man. Mainly because of Joe's quest for vengeance on terrorists for killing Iola and Frank's call to justice, they approached The Gray Man about helping more on their cases. The Network kind of has to work with them since they know about their operations and all- but they tolerate them more than anything. Frank and Joe don't really have the same pull as they might with ATAC or at least not the same connection, though The Network is certainly acquainted with Fenton Hardy. The Gray Man is willing to admit Frank and Joe are trustworthy and have proved useful, but they still are just kids and not really viewed as equals and they certainly aren't full time government secret agents. They are part-time help at best for special missions. So The Network does not see themselves as owing Frank and Joe anything and they do very little toward that. It's also part of keep all their operations in shadows. They do have to be a bit more ruthless because of what they have to deal with. It goes against Frank and Joe's grain sometimes, but that is their style. They do what they have to to get the job done. Frank and Joe however draw the line on some things.
Either group is cool with me, but they both have a lot of structural differences that come into play here.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

JoeHardyRocks

I actually don't think that the war was about ATAC vs. Network, it was more a UB versus Casefiles....
"Thank you, Joe."

MacGyver

JoeHardyRocks

Well we all agree that the Originals were good, and the Digests aren't that "controversial" I guess....
"Thank you, Joe."