Secret of the Red Arrow

Started by Bigfootman, January 31, 2012, 08:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfootman

According to Paul Mular, the first Hardy Boys Adventures book will be called "Secret of the Red Arrow", and the first Nancy Drew Diaries Book will be called "Curse of the Arctic Star".

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Hmm- sounds like a good start then.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Hmm. These names sound like something from the Original continuity.

JoeHardyRocks

They do... huh. I wonder what they'll be like! AHh, lol the suspense is killing me! :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

QuoteHmm. These names sound like something from the Original continuity.
yeah- that's what I'm liking about them so far.
Secret of the Red Arrow is very close to The Sign of the Crooked Arrow
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on January 31, 2012, 08:00:47 AM
According to Paul Mular, the first Hardy Boys Adventures book will be called "Secret of the Red Arrow", and the first Nancy Drew Diaries Book will be called "Curse of the Arctic Star".

8) The style of the title of the series and the book makes me very hopeful that it could be a great, cool mystery!!!! ;D and yeah, like JoeHardyRocks - the suspense - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! ;D
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

SDLagent

Yeah, all hopeful signs so far...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on January 31, 2012, 05:21:01 PM
They do... huh. I wonder what they'll be like! AHh, lol the suspense is killing me! :)

I know, me too. ;) ;D

Bigfootman

According to Paul Mular, the Hardy Boys Adventure and Nancy Drew Diaries books will be available in softcover and hardcover! The first and second books in both series will be released on January 2nd 2013. The third book in Nancy Drew Diaries is scheduled for June 2013
while the third book in The Hardy Boys Adventures is scheduled for October 2013.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

tomswift2002

10 months seems rather long.  But the paperback and hardcover reminds me of the current "Starfleet Academy" series, but it might be a good idea too see how that series does once the fourth book is issued in June, since that will be exactly twelve months since book three was issued in that series.  It will probably give S&S an idea if 10 months or more is good to go between books, or if kids will lose interest in the series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Hey- paperback and hardcover versions? That sounds pretty cool. But obviously we're not talking the 20-something dollar hardbacks that get released first with a paperback version months later, are we? The Encyclopedia Brown series does this now with hardback versions at $16.99 or so if I remember correctly, and then a paperback version that's much cheaper about a year later. Of course, those books only come out every so often now. It seems like 2 or 3 times now I thought Donald J. Sobol was done with the books and then all of a sudden, I find another volume that is being released.
    Thanks for the info, Dan. I suppose Paul Mular must have some contacts on the inside with Simon & Schuster- and I guess they want to get the Hardy Boys collectors hyped for the new series as much as the kids they will hope to be marketing the series to.

tomswift2002

Paul Mular has also said to expect the prices to be (in USD) $5.99 for the paperbacks and $15.99 for the hardcovers (about the same as the Starfleet Academy series and those come with dustjackets for the hardcovers).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Wow- I don't know if I can afford that much for hardcovers...maybe I'll get the first hardcover and do the rest in paperback or something....I guess we'll see how it goes when the time comes (and see how my finances look them- lol)

SDLagent

Wow, hardcover Hardy Boys novels! That's novel!

tomswift2002

It was last attempted back in the 80's with the Wanderer books, but the hardcovers were more for libraries, but they were sold at bookstores. (The Greycastle Casefiles editions don't exactly uplift since they were printed in larger text for people with sight problems.)