Casefiles crossovers with the Digests

Started by MacGyver, January 26, 2011, 10:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Revenge of the Desert Phantom and The Skyfire Puzzle were definitely good ones. Sort of an amalgamation of the Original Series (albeit Digests era) continuity, mixed with a pre-Casefiles type setting. That would certainly be a good mix for The Hardy Boys, I think.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on February 08, 2012, 07:36:31 PM
It would be nice if the new Hardy Boys series was like #'s 84 & 85 in the original continuity.

Yeah, something along those lines would be good. An Original/Casefiles cross, if you will.

tomswift2002

Well I was just reading the Secret Files #7 and I noticed that S&S introduced Vanessa Bender in that book, but way earlier than she had been introduced into the series in the Casefiles.  So S&S is incorporating some aspects of the Casefiles into the modern series, and they'll possible do this with the new series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Whoa- seriously? I'll have to check out that Secret Files book now. That's cool! I'm pretty sure this is the first time Vanessa Bender has showed up in any continuity outside of the Casefiles, so that is pretty neat if Simon & Schuster is incorporating some of the Casefiles elements into the Original continuity. As we've mentioned earlier in this thread, they have had previous examples of that as well, with Tony's Mr. Pizza job showing up in the Digests along with Liz Webling, etc.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

That's cool. But also kinda weird considering Joe didn't meet Vanessa until he was in his late teens in the Casefiles.

MacGyver

True- it doesn't make sense in the continuity- but still cool.

tomswift2002

Well Belinda Conrad fom th UB's also made an appearance in the book, so I don't know if the Secret Files are part of the UB's continuity or if S&S has been using them to setup the new Hardy Boys books?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Okay, that's interesting too. Belinda Conrad in there with Vanessa Bender? Funny to see Undercover Brothers characters interacting with Casefiles characters... good luck to S & S if they're trying to wrap all those continuities together though...