This means WAR!!

Started by NZone, August 14, 2008, 06:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

ATAC fans and Network fans will have it out on this board. On alternating days, ATAC and Network fans will post why one is better, and try to refute the other side. ONLY one side per day. We will start 8-15 with an ATAC day. Everybody study up! (BTW, I call moderator) 8)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

As if the ATAX Fans are going to be able to muster any defence.  Don't make me laugh.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

NZone

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

Centrion

QuoteUm, Tom, a little early
All's fair in love and war...

Anyway, this sounds like a good idea. Tommorow will tell all.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

SDLagent

I'm not really a fan of the Network or ATAC. I like the Casefiles waaaaay better then the UB, but the Network it's self isn't that much better then ATAC. And if ATAC was in the Casefiles world it wouldn't be as bad, it's the series more then the agency for me.

003Robin457

Its 08/15 LET THE WAR BEGIN!!!! ;D
First you rember in Cult of  Crime when Frank asks the Netwotk for help after being framed and they refuse, mean while in Wanted without them asking ATAC says they will help them get out of being framed and does not even want the boys involved.
Second ATAC has Gadgets. 8)

NZone

Olivia

Quote from: 003Robin457 on August 15, 2008, 11:11:11 AM
Its 08/15 LET THE WAR BEGIN!!!! ;D
First you rember in Cult of  Crime when Frank asks the Netwotk for help after being framed and they refuse, mean while in Wanted without them asking ATAC says they will help them get out of being framed and does not even want the boys involved.
Second ATAC has Gadgets. 8)

1. Frank and Joe don't officially work for the Network. I haven't read the book, but I'm sure there were other reasons/circumstances too.

2. At the time of the Network, we were not as technologically advanced. So there isn't necessarily a way for Frank and Joe to have/obtain gadgets. Although, they do have some kind of workstation in the back of their van, and I think there are mentions of using technology in some of the books.

PLUS, gadgets are just tools - they will not save anyone necessarily. What saves people from situations is quick thinking and smart thinking.

On that note, if you just mean gadgets are "cool", then some people might also think they're a cliche. However, that's subjective so that part of the discussion can't really be decided on.

(Network peeps - if I'm missing something, help me out 8))

SDLagent

It seems like Robin (and other ATAC fans) likes ATAC better because they're nicer to the Hardys, not because it fits better with the stories or is well written.

That's all I've got to say.

Sam Spade

I'm backin' Olivia up! :)
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Kerin

Quote from: oliviatocali on August 16, 2008, 01:29:26 PM
1. Frank and Joe don't officially work for the Network. I haven't read the book, but I'm sure there were other reasons/circumstances too.

2. At the time of the Network, we were not as technologically advanced. So there isn't necessarily a way for Frank and Joe to have/obtain gadgets. Although, they do have some kind of workstation in the back of their van, and I think there are mentions of using technology in some of the books.

PLUS, gadgets are just tools - they will not save anyone necessarily. What saves people from situations is quick thinking and smart thinking.

On that note, if you just mean gadgets are "cool", then some people might also think they're a cliche. However, that's subjective so that part of the discussion can't really be decided on.

(Network peeps - if I'm missing something, help me out 8))

I totally agree!
Not to mention the Hardy's never used gadgets before because they didn't need them.They solved the case on skill, and as Oliva said quick and smart thinking.
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

Bigfootman

peace&love is right Gadgets arn't everything, sometimes it takes skill and luck to solve a myistery.

Besides, with the Hardy's solving cases on their own with only occinal help from the Network, there warn't that much continuarty problems. Now that ATAC has appeared, it qite easy to notace so major problems. For example, if the mission dicks are reformated, how can an old mission be sent to the Hardys, the disk would be a music cd! But this happens in Rockey Road!

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

SDLagent

Quote from: Bigfootman on August 16, 2008, 06:12:43 PM
For example, if the mission dicks are reformated, how can an old mission be sent to the Hardys, the disk would be a music cd! But this happens in Rockey Road!

This was talked about quite a bit in the "Undercover Brothers, The Series" thread. You might want to check it out.

Centrion

QuoteFor example, if the mission dicks are reformated, how can an old mission be sent to the Hardys, the disk would be a music cd! But this happens in Rockey Road!
Maybe the Ice Cream Man just didn't want to pay money on itunes!  ;D
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

003Robin457

08/17- ATAC Day
Here is another reason I thought of, in Casefiles #4 The lazurs Plot rember how Joe was worried when the Network got hold of the face/mind teck? I can't see ATAC changing peoples faces, minds and in essences lives just to compleate a mission. To me the Networks thinks "There is the next mission and nothing else." But ATAC has more of a consince.