What kind of medical training do Frank and Joe have?

Started by Hardy Boys UB Fan, January 25, 2011, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

And though The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook is sadly long out of print, I love it and think it's well worth owning. It may be possible to find a copy on Ebay or Amazon or other used bookdealers. I'm glad I got my copy when I did as a kid, but you can still find it now.
Here are a couple of options.
http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?ac=sl&st=sl&qi=rinJQPpxdFOcneILvFKjM9LDAb0_7635295317_1:19:1050&bq=author%3Dfranklin%2520w%2E%2520dixon%26title%3Dhardy%2520boys%2520handbook
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on January 27, 2011, 07:07:13 PM
The entire book Dead of Night was pretty intense.

I haven't read that one but from what I've heard it is pretty intense. A Killing in the Market is another book I haven't read but the premise sounds pretty intense. Beyond the Law, too.

And some to think of it, Double Exposure has some pretty memorable moments.

MacGyver

QuoteBeyond the Law, too.

And some to think of it, Double Exposure has some pretty memorable moments.
Definitely. Both are great.
A Killing in the Market is well worth the read too- it is actually kinda similar somewhat to the Digest book Past and Present Danger (#166)
And you definitely need to read Dead of Night- order it online or check your library. WOW- that one was really great.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

Not to mention Fenton Hardy's death in Endangered Species was pretty intense and shocking.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 27, 2011, 07:21:42 PM
Not to mention Fenton Hardy's death in Endangered Species was pretty intense and shocking.

Yeah, I mentioned that one along with Frank and Joe showing "No Mercy" in the next book.

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on January 27, 2011, 07:23:46 PM
Yeah, I mentioned that one along with Frank and Joe showing "No Mercy" in the next book.

Yeah Joe's going all berserk and Frank responding with "Rules?  We've got no rules now.  It's personal." line.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 27, 2011, 07:26:32 PM
Yeah Joe's going all berserk and Frank responding with "Rules?  We've got no rules now.  It's personal." line.

I know. That was weird! :o Something I never saw coming, that's for sure.

MacGyver

Dude- that line was awesome! Great writing there- very powerful scene. 8)

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on January 27, 2011, 07:26:32 PM

Exactly.

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on January 27, 2011, 07:59:31 PM
I know. That was weird! :o Something I never saw coming, that's for sure.

By weird you mean epic, right?

JoeHardyRocks

Also the part in Dead in the Water where Joe and Frank have to go down and share their oxygen tanks with that one guy so they won't blow up the submarine!
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

MacGyver

It's been so long since I've read that one I'd forgotten that scene- but yeah, definitely a cool and suspenseful moment there.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Working on a Hardy Boys Fanfiction. In it, I have them working as EMT Paramedics on a medical case. Should I go into details about how they got the certification or just leave it up to the readers to decide?  

MacGyver

Unless it has significant bearing on the rest of the story, it's probably not really essential to put it in there. I can generally readily accept that Frank and Joe have gotten all the basic medical training they can get and perhaps even some more advanced than one would normally expect for a teenager. (i.e. There is no real suspension of belief for me in that regard so I don't think it will be a big deal either way.) Anyway, that's just my take on it.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on January 28, 2011, 09:04:00 PM
Unless it has significant bearing on the rest of the story, it's probably not really essential to put it in there. I can generally readily accept that Frank and Joe have gotten all the basic medical training they can get and perhaps even some more advanced than one would normally expect for a teenager. (i.e. There is no real suspension of belief for me in that regard so I don't think it will be a big deal either way.) Anyway, that's just my take on it.

All right. Anyone else?