January 2011 Book Club Discussion - The Borderline Case (#25 Casefile)

Started by Olivia, January 14, 2011, 05:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Olivia, your comment is going to spur a new thread....Casefiles are very movie quality stories...Hmm....
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on January 20, 2011, 12:28:28 AM
7. Guns, guns, and MORE guns! I know that the Casefiles have more violence and weapons but wow...did anyone else think there were a lot of guns in this one??? I guess I haven't read a Casefile (GASP) in awhile and didn't realize how the different series handle this issue. Casefiles are still my fave though.

I had totally forgotten how much gun violence was in this book before I re-read it a few weeks ago.  AK-47's, UZI's, automatic rifles.   I know that there are other Casefiles have the Hardy's handling guns in them, but this one seemed to have the most gun-action in any of the books.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

AlwaysAJoefan

I don't own the book either, but I am able to read it any time I want.  ;D
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

SDLagent

AlwaysAJoefan

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on January 31, 2011, 11:43:49 PM
It's in the church library.  8)

I've never heard of a church library having the Hardy Boys books--never mind the casefiles!
How many do they have?

AlwaysAJoefan

It's a fairly small library; it has a couple hundred books. It has about 35-40 HB books and about 15 of those are Casefiles.

hardygirl847

That's awesome!!!

Yes, this book definitely had a large amount of guns. And it seemed that almost everyone was willing to use one! Even Phil and Joe!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 01, 2011, 12:45:01 PM
It's a fairly small library; it has a couple hundred books. It has about 35-40 HB books and about 15 of those are Casefiles.

So like a quarter of your church library is made-up of Hardy Boys books.

hardygirl847

AlwaysAJoefan

LOL. But, I think I made an understatement when I said a couple hundred books.  ::)

MacGyver

Very cool! My church library has some of The Hardy Boys books too (I've donated a few extras I've picked up here and there ;))- I'm not sure if there are any Casefiles. I do think we may have some of the Original Text books though. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

AlwaysAJoefan