What's the last book or item you added to your Hardy Boys collection?

Started by MacGyver, March 20, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay- well, it doesn't really matter anyway. The important thing is that you got a copy of this cool Hardy Boys book to read! :) 8) It's been a while since I read it, but I remember liking it pretty well myself. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

VLoneWolf

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

A few weeks back I picked up an official VHS release by Universal of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries episode- "The Mystery of the Jade Kwan Yin"- the tape looks like it's about in brand new condition, so that's pretty cool. I don't think there's any difference in it or the Season 1 DVD release though- I guess I don't really know why I grabbed at the library sale- I just had it among some other videos and it was pretty cheap in any case. :) 8)

tomswift2002

Universal seemed to use the same master for the DVD's that was used for the VHS/Beta releases back in the 80's.  On Kwan Yin you can freeze frame it on both the VHS & DVD when the boys leave the office, and you can actually see the editor's thumbprint on the video.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Just got Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Be A Detective #5 The Alaskan Mystery in the mail today. Now I finally have all of the Be A Detective books. :) 8)

tomswift2002

If you go to this groups Facebook page you can see the scans of the "A" side and the "B" side of the Portugese version of the 1970 Hardy Boys 45 single "Love and Let Love/Sink Or Swim".  Remember the American/Canadian version of the single used the same cover artwork as the 33 album (the group around the angel statute).  (Sorry, I can't get the photo's to appear here.)
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

MacGyver

The other day I picked up a Grossett & Dunlap copy of The Sign of the Crooked Arrow- PC book with the classic Nappi cover. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on August 05, 2013, 05:43:23 PM
Just got Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys Be A Detective #5 The Alaskan Mystery in the mail today. Now I finally have all of the Be A Detective books. :) 8)

Sweet! 8) I want to read all of those sometime. I've managed to find some. They're neat! 8)

Quote from: MacGyver on August 07, 2013, 04:06:01 PM
The other day I picked up a Grossett & Dunlap copy of The Sign of the Crooked Arrow- PC book with the classic Nappi cover. :) 8)

Very cool! 8) Good mystery with a lot of action! You've gotten some real treasures, MacGyver! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

yeah- thanks, Hardy Sleuth. I have read The Sign of the Crooked Arrow some years ago and I definitely enjoy it. I mainly picked up that book because I didn't have a Grossett & Dunlap copy- there are still some of the original 58 books (revised editions) that I only have a copy of via a British paperback printing, so I'm trying to fill in those with a Grossett & Dunlap hardcover printing where I can.

MacGyver

So, you all remember this post?...
QuoteAnd, much as I'd like to say this now sits on my bookshelf with all of my Hardy Boys books- no, I didn't actually buy this one. I just couldn't really spend $45 on an action figure, even though it is the Frank Hardy action figure made by Kenner as a tie in to The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries.   (And still in the box, no less- though the box is definitely pretty bent up.) (And as I know I've said before, I'm both a huge fan of The Hardy Boys books and this 1970s TV show version in particular- so it was really quite exciting for me to find this.) I saw this at an antique mall a few weeks back and I was ecstatic to find it! It was really cool to at least be able to look at it up close and hold it, but I just really couldn't afford to shell out that kind of money on a collectible, even a cool one like this. Still, it was neat to find it and take pictures of it. I will post some more later on.

Well, I've got another cool and exciting find like that to share....... I'll post about it soon- once I get the pictures ready... :) 8)

MacGyver

Okay- I still need to post those pictures I promised in the last post...and I will try to get them up soon.
In the mean time, I've also recently gotten a Grossett & Dunlap printing of The Haunted Fort (newer Flashlight version).

MacGyver

And this can fall under either the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew threads, I guess, but anyway- just yesterday I got a copy of Process of Elimination- the last book in the Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Supermystery series. (I already had a copy of this book, but the one I had obviously had some water damage to it, so I was glad to replace it with this much nicer copy!) :) 8)

VLoneWolf

I got two graphic novels  #17 Word UP and #18 D.A.N.G.E.R.  Spells The Hangman.