QUOTES

Started by Kerin, July 05, 2007, 10:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerin

I thought it would be a neat idea to have someplace to put funny quotes or pieces from the books.

"Dont worry frank said as he steered the van back onto the road,I've got a plan.I hate it when you say that Joe muttered.Frank smiled trust me.That's what you always say don't worry I've got a plan.Then you have me do something stupid like impersonate a  sewer inspector,Joe said."

Anybody got some more ???
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

SDLagent

"Look," Joe said. "This isn?t a detective novel. Things could get really dangerous from here on out."
   -Prime-Time Crime

We?re a little young to consider retiring," Joe said with a grin.

"I know," Frank said, "but sometimes I feel like we?ve been chasing criminals for seventy-five years or so."
    -Trouble in Warp Space

"I guess that rules out bursting into his room and grilling him relentlessly for hours," Joe remarked.

Frank shot a look at his brother. "You've been reading too many cheap detective novels."

"They don't come much cheaper than us," Joe replied.
      -Open Season

tomswift2002

Quote from: kerin on July 05, 2007, 10:09:39 PM
I thought it would be a neat idea to have someplace to put funny quotes or pieces from the books.

"Dont worry frank said as he steered the van back onto the road,I've got a plan.I hate it when you say that Joe muttered.Frank smiled trust me.That's what you always say don't worry I've got a plan.Then you have me do something stupid like impersonate a  sewer inspector,Joe said."

Anybody got some more ???

What book did you get that quote from?

Here's a quote:

"Come on, Frank, thiss will be a piece of cake," Joe whispered, trying to reassure himself.  "They don't realize who tey're up against.  We're practically professionals."

- Deathgame
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Kerin

I can't remember for sure,but I think its open season.

Here is another quote:

Why are we wasting time at the library?Frank turened to his brother and smiled.Trust me.I have a plan.Joe rolled his eyes upward and groaned softly.Your plans always get me in trouble.What kind of trouble can you get into in a library?Joe eyed him warily.I don't know,and I'm not eager to find out.Frank opened his door and got out of the car.Have it your way.stay here while I go inside.Really?Really.Frank started to shut the door,puased and stuck his head back inside.Just one little thing.I knew it,Joe mutteted.What?Wait ten minutes,and then come in and distract the librarian for me.Why?Trust me.I have a pl-.I know,I know,Joe interrupeted.Take your plan and get going. - open season
If Christ had been a philosopher, they could have debated Him.Had He been a religionist, they could have ignored Him.But Christ was love.What do you do with that?

D.Hardy

"Joseph, your father would be very dissapointed in you for jumping to a conclusion like that."       
"Actually, Sir, Im Joe, he is Frank."
"I dont care if your Sherlock Homes" -Witches Hollow

"You could distroy the most valuable peice of forensic evidence in one glorous moment."

AND

"Were suppost to stop Crime not help prepetuate it."
-both  from Alacopco Spies 
"One Good Trip Deserves Another" -Joe Hardy(Shaun Cassidy) Witches Hollow

Kerin

I found out what book that quote that I first posted came from.It was from mayhem in motion.

SDLagent

Quote?You know, big brother,? he said, ?You did something earlier that surprised me.?

?What was that?? Frank asked.

?When I flew off the handle back at the police station and tried to clobber Jellicoe,? Joe said, ?you didn?t try to stop me, as you usually do. You didn?t tell me that I had to play by the rules.?

?Rules?? said Frank, his eyes taking on an intensity Joe had never seen before, an intensity that sent chills down Joe?s spine. ?What rules? These guys killed our father.
This time there are no rules.?

-No Mercy

And

Quote??You?re kidding, right??? Frank dropped his duffel bag to the pavement.

??Nope,?? Joe said, putting on his, sunglasses and unlocking the driver?s door. ??One fire engine red Porsche 911 Turbo. The fastest production car in the world.  Especially with me behind the wheel.??

??Where do we put our bags??? Callie asked

??With four hundred horses behind us, who cares???
And

Quote??Someone grabbed Callie!?? Frank shouted. ??She?s in that van!??

??I?m right on them, Frank.?? Joe swung the white van into traffic and hit the accelerator. They lost sight the other van as it rounded a corner.

??Don?t lose them!?? Frank yelled. He had both fists clenched and was pounding on the dash. ??I can?t believe I let her do this.??

-Both from The Emperor's Shield

Kerin

Quote:There are many motives for murder,Frank explained.Money is one of the top ten.Is that what you found out from the computer?Joe asked doubtfully.No,Frank said.I found out that Oberman doesn't have any big debts,not anymore anyway.I'm tired and hungry and my feet hurt,Joe complained.Could you just hit me with the punchline instead of dangling it over my head?--Open Season

Quote:This is a switch,Joe said Usally I have to wait for you.We had a cemistry test,Frank explained.I finshed early,and the teacher let me take off.That figures,Joe grumbled.You're  the only person I know who thinks chemistry is easy-and fun.Frank's grined widened.Look on the bright side.At least I waited for you.Joe stuck his hand in his coat pocket and fished out a set of keys.That's because I have these,he responded,dangling the keysin his brother face.Frank out a matching set of keys.Wrong again,boy genius.I waited for you because I always wait for you.I've been doing it for seventeen years.--Mayhem in motion

Sam Spade

"What's your name?" Joe asked. "Denise," She replied. "And which brother are you,
Frank or Joe?" "I'm Joe," Joe said. "The handsome, charming one." "Where are we going?"
Asked Frank. "And that's Frank," Joe added. "The dull, businesslike one." -- Evil, Inc.

"This is totally crazy." "Come on, don't try to kid me," Said Joe. "I knew you couldn't resist a caper like this. I could see the eager gleam in your eyes as soon as the Gray Man told us about the Reynerd gang." "I didn't want to wind up being an only child, that's all," Said Frank.
"No way am I going to get stuck with all of the chores around the house. And no way you could you pull off this Masquerade by yourself. It damands a cool head, not a hothead. I can just see you taking a punch at this Reynerd guy if he so much as mentions a terrorist bomb."
-- Evil Inc.
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

tomswift2002

Quote from: Sam Spade on July 11, 2007, 01:18:43 AM
"What's your name?" Joe asked. "Denise," She replied. "And which brother are you,
Frank or Joe?" "I'm Joe," Joe said. "The handsome, charming one." "Whare are we going?"
Asked Frank. "And that's Frank," Joe added. "The dull, businesslike one." -- Evil, Inc.

That quote sounds like it could've come right off the 77 TV series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Sam Spade

"Now, what's all this about a girl?" Callie wated to know. "Oh, it was terrible, Callie," Joe said.
"We both tried to romance this girl to find out where the secret headquarters was. And I-" He hung his head. "I struck out. She wanted a nothing to do with me. She wanted a dashing man of action-like Frank here." "Oh yeah?" Callie's hands were on her hips. "It's not the way it sounds," Frank said, begining to explain. "Realy?" Said Callie. "I told you," Joe said with a grin. "You should have stuck with Pia and quit while you were ahead." He quickly retreated as Callie glared at him. Frank and Callie stood staring at each other in the now-empty plane.
"You know," Callie finally said, "somtimes you can be a real jerk." "There was nothing going on with Pia," Frank said. "She wound up trying to shoot me--twice." "I know that," Callie said.
"I was wondering how long it would take before you kissed me." -- Hostages of hate

Kerin

quote:He glanced at Vanessa and then at his brother.I have an idea.Stand together for a minute.I have a bad feeling avout this joe muttered to Vanessa as Frank eyed the two of them.About standing close to me? she responded.No,Joe said,a little flustered.I have a bad feeling avout this idea whatever it is.Oh stop moaning,Frank said.This is a great idea.Did you know Vanessa is almost as tall as you are?Joe groaned.I knew it!This is going to be another one of your plans where I have to do something stupid.Fank grinned broadly.Trust me.You'll love it.    I hate this,Joe grumbled as he and Frank got into the van.He caught a glimpse of himself in the side-view mirror,and his cheeks flushed at the sight of long curly hair.I won't fool anybody in this wig,he complained.You would have looked better with the dress and makeup,Frank teased.The hair and Vanessa's parka are as far as I go,Joe declared.And if anybody we know sees me in this getup,I'm going to wring your neck with tis wig-Mayhem in motion.

Quote:I'm getting an inferiority complex,Joe complained.Nobody wants us around!-The Melted Coins.

Quote:Oh,Frank added,turning to face Edrich once more,don't think I won't let out what you two are up to if you tell anyone about our talk.Then you'd have to start looking for a new job.I hear they need ghostwriters for kids books.-Daredevils

Sam Spade

This one's just a corny quote from The house on the cliff :D

"How much longer do we should stay out here?" Chet asked. "I'm getting hungry." "I have a few pretzels and a candy bar, but that's not much for four of us," Joe remarked. "Aha!" crowed
Tony. "I have a surprise for you! I stowed away a little food before we took off." With that he pulled a paper bag from the locker and passed each boy a large sandwich, a piece chocolate cake, and a bottle of lemon soda. "You deserve a medal," Chet remarked as he bit into a layer of ham and cheese. "You sure do." Frank agreed.

Kerin

Quote:Once there, they took some time to tune up their bikes.We should take these out more often Joe said.I really like riding.Remember that time we road down to Bay Road to that house on the cliffs?That was an adventure,Frank agreed.Seems like ages ago.I know,Joe said.Sometimes it feels like we,ve been solving mysteries for the better part of the century.

Sam Spade

What book is that quote from ???