buying hardy boys books

Started by thehardyboysrock, January 04, 2014, 07:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehardyboysrock

Where is the best place in Virginia to buy Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew super mysteries?
When you get an idea not even heavy explosives can jar it loose.Wait, I'll get my gear.If your going to get killed I don't want to be left alive to explain to mom and dad. :)

AlwaysAJoefan

You could try local bookstores, and there's always Amazon.com. :)
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

thehardyboysrock

I've looked at a couple of local stores and haven't found any. Amazon had some listed but it always says they don't have any to sell or they are too expensive.
When you get an idea not even heavy explosives can jar it loose.Wait, I'll get my gear.If your going to get killed I don't want to be left alive to explain to mom and dad. :)

SkyWarp

Quote from: thehardyboysrock on January 05, 2014, 06:53:16 PM
I've looked at a couple of local stores and haven't found any. Amazon had some listed but it always says they don't have any to sell or they are too expensive.

Are you looking for a particular book or just any from the series?  Many of them usually sell for no more than 4 dollars each (that includes shipping). Either they are 1 penny with 3.99 in shipping or they cost about 3.99 with free shipping.  It just depends on whether Amazon is the shipper or not.   You can get to the books via the ISBN links on each of the pages for the books on this site.  For instance SM#1 Double Crossing is selling for just these cheap prices (choose paperback not turtleback of course) from this page: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671649175/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=hardboyscasee-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=0671649175

MacGyver

Don't forget to check your local thrift shops- I have seen a couple of the Supermysteries show up from time to time at such stores. Also, I would definitely recommend checking out your local library sales- sometimes they have some great Hardy Boys titles come through.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

You could also try Ebay.  Sometimes people will put lots up that might contain a few SuperMysteries with a few standalone Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew, and even some other books.  Even with shipping, you'd still get the books that you wanted, and then you could sell whatever books you didn't want to your local used bookstore.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

thehardyboysrock

Thanks everyone! I'll try all of your suggestions and hopefully find what I want.

MacGyver

Cool! Hope you find what you're looking for then. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"