2013 Book Club Sign-up

Started by tomswift2002, October 20, 2012, 09:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Great! Thanks, Dinosaur Dan! :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Just as a reminder, we are set to move to Danger Unlimited soon for the book club as the calendar rolls over to May this week. :) 8) Thanks to Dinosaur Dan for hosting this one.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

And while I'm doing reminders, don't forget that we still have 5 months open if anyone else wants to sign up to review a book. July, August, October, November and December are all available. We've already covered some of The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories series (#1-190) as well as books from the Casefiles and Supermysteries and even spin-off books like The Hardy Boys Handbook: Seven Stories of Survival.
         There are still a number of other choices out there to review- some of the Clues Brothers books perhaps or the Secret Files series. There are the Undercover Brothers series and the original text version of The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories and other spin-off series and books like the Ultrathrillers and The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook and The Hardy Boys Ghost Stories, etc. as possibilities.
So jump in with your favorite book that hasn't been covered yet. Also, even if you've already done 1 month this year, you can grab another if no one else has signed up. Let's keep the ball rolling- there are still lots more mysteries to be reviewed. :) 8)

tomswift2002

"Time Bomb"'s already been done, so from the Ultra Thrillers there's just "The Alien Factor" left if someone wanted to do that.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Good point. And I finally read both of the Ultrathrillers recently- it'd be nice to cover the second book too. But I've already done two months this year, so I want to let someone else have a chance to do one- hint, hint. Someone jump in here. :)  8)

MacGyver

Just a reminder- Dinosaur Dan is set to host our June Book Club thread- we'll be reviewing High Stakes, #29 in A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery series. :) 8)
I just recently read this one myself, so I am definitely ready to dive in to talking about it.

tomswift2002

I haven't seen a thread started yet by Dinosaur Dan for his June book, but this is a reminder that July is still open, so if anyone would like to suggest a book for July, go ahead, plus August is still open.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Thanks to tomswift2002 for putting up threads for June's and July's books.
So now the schedule stands as such:

January- Hardy Sleuth Speed Times Five (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #173)
February- MacGyver The Shattered Helmet (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Handbook: Seven Stories of Survival (British title: The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook)
April-tomswift2002 Flesh And Blood (Casefiles #39)
May- Dinosaur Dan Danger Unlimited (Casefiles #79)
June- Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery #29)
July- tomswift2002 The Shore Road Mystery (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #6)
August-
September- tomswift2002 Stress Point (Casefiles #125)
October-
November-
December-

So there are still 4 months left open. And we particularly need someone to take on August as it will be here soon enough within the next few weeks. I am open to taking on more months if needs be, but I would certainly rather let someone else have a chance. There are still plenty of Hardy Boys series to choose from that haven't been represented yet- The Clues Brothers, Secret Files, Undercover Brothers, Adventures, the other book in the Ultrathrillers series, the Graphic Novels.......
Let's get some more great Hardy Boys titles on this list. :) 8)

(By the way, I can't recall- have we done any of the Graphic Novels on here before? I definitely think they can count if someone wants to do one of those.)

tomswift2002

Quote from: tomswift2002 on October 20, 2012, 09:02:57 PM

The Following Books Have already been done:

March 2010 - The Tower Treasure (Grosset & Dunlap)
April 2012 - Thick As Thieves (Casefiles)
May- tomswift2002, Clues Brothers #3 First Day, Worst Day

June-SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #2 The House on the Cliff

July- tomswift2002, Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88, Murder On The Fourth of July

August- SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #10 What Happened at Midnight

September- hardygirl847, Secret Files, Trouble at the Arcade

October- MacGyver, Casefiles, Dead of Night #80

November-hardygirl847, Digest, Trapped at Sea #75

December- MacGyver- The Hardy Boys (Originals) #8 "The Mystery of Cabin Island"

January- Olivia, The Borderline Case (#25 Casefile)

February- Hardygirl847-Hardy Boys Digests # 96-Wipeout

March- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefiles ?The Genius Thieves

April- tomswift2002 The Hardy Boys #94 Breakdown In Axeblade

May- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Melted Coins

June- MacGyver The Hardy Boys #115 Sabotage at Sports City

July- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefile: Beyond the Law.

August- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14 Too Many Traitors

September- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Secret of the Old Mill #3

October- Olivia-The Secret Warning (#17 Original, revised)

November- Hardygirl847- Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew SuperMystery-Tour of Danger

December- tomswift2002 - Hardy Boys #147 Trial and Terror

January - Katie Dead on Arrival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88 #23)
February - AlwaysAJoefan Danger Zone (Hardy Boys Casefiles #37)
March - MacGyver Extreme Danger (Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers, #1)
April - tomswift2002 Final Gambit (Hardy Boys Casefiles #62)
May -  Dinosaur Dan High Survival (Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys SuperMystery '88)
June - Top Ten ways to die(Hardy boys undercover Brother, #8
July - Olivia The Shore Road Mystery (Grosset & Dunlap)
August - P. Walker - (Casefiles #2 Evil Inc.)
September - Katie - Operation Phoenix #1 Endangered Species
October - MacGyver - Operation Phoenix #2 No Mercy
November - Katie - Operation Phoenix #3 The Phoenix Equation 
December - tomswift2002 Time Bomb,  A Hardy Boys and Tom Swift Ultra Thriller

These are the books that have already been done.  We've had ate least one book from the Undecover Brothers, Secret Files and Clues Brothers.

MacGyver

Well, I meant for this year.

MacGyver

Okay- today's August 1st. and the month of August is up for grabs. Anyone care to take it on? ......

Bigfootman

Quote from: MacGyver on August 01, 2013, 03:13:41 PM
Okay- today's August 1st. and the month of August is up for grabs. Anyone care to take it on? ......
I guess I will.

January- Hardy Sleuth Speed Times Five (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #173)
February- MacGyver The Shattered Helmet (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Handbook: Seven Stories of Survival (British title: The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook)
April-tomswift2002 Flesh And Blood (Casefiles #39)
May- Dinosaur Dan Danger Unlimited (Casefiles #79)
June- Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery #29)
July- tomswift2002 The Shore Road Mystery (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #6)
August- Dinosaur Dan Hot Wheels (Casefiles #91)
September- tomswift2002 Stress Point (Casefiles #125)
October-
November-
December-

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Thanks, Dan! You rock! And great book choice too. :) 8)

MacGyver

Wow- already we're here in September. The summer seems to have flown by so fast... (Though the weather hasn't quite settled into fall weather yet, so maybe that's why it doesn't quite feel like summer is gone.)
Anyway- just a reminder that Stress Point is our next scheduled book for this month and then we still have the last three months of the year up for the taking. Since tomswift2002 and Dinosaur Dan have already done three books each this year, I'll take on another month to help cover the whole year- but that still leaves two months. Anyone else want a crack at it?

MacGyver

Okay- I have an alternate book in mind for October, but I was thinking about tackling the other official trilogy in The Hardy Boys Casefiles- the Ring of Evil trilogy. If I cover the first one (#76 Tagged for Terror), would anyone else be willing to cover #77 Survival Run in November and #78 The Pacific Conspiracy in December? Sure, we can do the books in nonconsecutive months, I suppose, but I think it'd be better to do the trilogy consecutively if possible.
    If anyone else is up for this plan, post to the thread and let me know. If I don't hear something positive on it by the end of the week or so, I'll go with my alternate book for October. Thanks.