2013 Book Club Sign-up

Started by tomswift2002, October 20, 2012, 09:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Anyone else going to take a month?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Hopefully so... we really need to have this planned out in advance if possible, so everyone can map out their reading schedules...
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

January- Hardy Sleuth Speed Times Five (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #173)
February- MacGyver The Shattered Helment (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March-
April-
May-
June- High Stakes (Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery #29)
July-
August-
September- tomswift2002 Stress Point (Casefiles #125)
October-
November-
December-

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

MacGyver

Good deal. Thanks for taking a slot, Dan. Now we have 8 left open for the year. And three different series represented thus far (including one of the Original books from Grossett & Dunlap and one of the Digests). I'm excited to see what other titles and series we end up with by the time we're through. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Last day of the year for 2012... I guess we'll start up with Hardy Sleuth leading a discussion on Speed Times Five some time within the next week or so... and if anyone wants to fill in the other months, we still have 8 slots open. If needs be, I'm willing to double up to help fill some of the gaps...But I'd rather other forum members have a chance first if they're wanting to.....

MacGyver

Just as a reminder, we still have a number of months open for this year's book club, including March! I will plan to have a thread up for February (featuring The Shattered Helmet) soon- hopefully by the end of the week or so to give everyone a chance to read, reread or peruse through the book again.

MacGyver

I've got a thread up for February's book now. Anyone want to take on some of the other months? We still have quite a few open...

tomswift2002

Anyone taking March?  Lets put a deadline of February 25 for someone, besides those who have already signed up, to sign up for the March book. 

Remember, this is open to everyone.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Sounds good. If no one signs up by then, then I guess one of us can re-up and take on two months if necessary. (But I'd certainly prefer all the other members to have a chance to host a month.) For our newer members, definitely feel free to jump in. :) 8)

MacGyver

Okay- I guess March is officially up for grabs for anyone who wants to take it, (including those who have already taken a month) especially since March 1 will be here this Friday.

MacGyver

So we're a week into March- does anyone want to review a book this month?

tomswift2002

MacGyver did you still want to do The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook for March?

February- MacGyver The Shattered Helment (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March-
April-tomswift2002 Flesh And Blood (Casefiles #39)
May-
June- Dinosaur Dan High Stakes (Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys Super Mystery #29)
July-
August-
October-
November-
December-

MacGyver

Well, since it doesn't look like anyone else is wanting to take this month, yeah- I can do that one. I'll put up a thread today if I can, if that's cool with everyone else. At least that will cover us through May.

MacGyver

So now we've got:

February- MacGyver The Shattered Helmet (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook
May-
July-
August-
October-
November-
December-

Both tomswift2002 and I have already taken on two months apiece. Does anyone else want to grab an open month or maybe would someone like to double up as well? There are still six months unclaimed.

Bigfootman

February- MacGyver The Shattered Helmet (The Hardy Boys Mystery Stories #52)
March- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Survival Handbook
May- Dinosaur Dan Danger Unlimited (Casefiles #79)
July-
August-
October-
November-
December-

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?