I came across this online...

QuoteWho-Dunnit Book
by Franklin W. Dixon
ISBN 067195721X / 9780671957216 / 0-671-95721-X
Publisher Simon & Schuster
Language English
Edition Softcover
List price $3.95
This information comes from this link http://www.bookfinder.com/dir/i/Who-Dunnit_Book/067195721X/

And when you do a search on the site:
QuoteSearching for books where ISBN is 067195721X
Search under way...
Search complete.

Sorry, we found no matching results at this time

A third-party catalog of books indicates that the following book or books are currently in print. Unfortunately, none of the 150,000+ booksellers whose inventories we search appear to have any copies for sale.

It's possible that the book may be available from the publisher; please contact the publisher for further details. A general search engine (e.g. Google) may help you track down the publisher, or you can try asking your local reference librarian for help.

Title Who-Dunnit Book 
Author Franklin W. Dixon 
ISBN 067195721X / 9780671957216 / 0-671-95721-X 
Publisher Simon & Schuster 
Language English 
Edition Softcover 
List price $3.95 
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

I have heard of this book before. It'd be great if it was possible to find a copy of it- alas, I'm pretty sure it's nothing more than a cancelled title. I think Tomswift2002 can probably tell you more on it....
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

The Great Old Who-Dunnit book.  This book goes back to just before the sale of the Stratemeyer Syndicate to Simon & Schuster, time of the Campfire Stories and Ghost Stories.  But it's never been published, even though the title has appeared on Simon & Schuster's forthcoming lists on and off since the mid-80's.  It was last on the lists about 2-3 years ago.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: Tomswift2002 on February 06, 2012, 08:48:02 AM
The Great Old Who-Dunnit book.  This book goes back to just before the sale of the Stratemeyer Syndicate to Simon & Schuster, time of the Campfire Stories and Ghost Stories.  But it's never been published, even though the title has appeared on Simon & Schuster's forthcoming lists on and off since the mid-80's.  It was last on the lists about 2-3 years ago.

Thanks for the information, Tomswift2002! 8) Since it keeps popping up, maybe there actually is a book and it will be published someday...hope so!  :)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

tomswift2002

Well it's been in this state for about 30 years so it probably won't.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

A fittingly mysterious Hardy Boys title.

Hardy Sleuth

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

The above picture is from the Wanderer paperback printing of Cave-In. So this Hardy Boys book was advertised at one time. I take it the Nancy Drew book mentioned is probably unpublished as well?

Hardy Sleuth

I'd love to read both of those books! 8)

MacGyver

So would I. 8) (Unfortunately, I feel fairly certain neither one exists, unless they're in manuscript form perhaps....) Another mystery buried in the Simon & Schuster archives....

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on July 28, 2014, 10:12:46 AM
So would I. 8) (Unfortunately, I feel fairly certain neither one exists, unless they're in manuscript form perhaps....) Another mystery buried in the Simon & Schuster archives....

Mysteries are meant to be solved, so maybe someday. :)

MacGyver

Well, guess what? I found out where you can read The Hardy Boys Who-Dunnit Book! :) 8)
The New York Public Library apparently has the manuscript in its vast collection of Stratemeyer Syndicate archives. Check out this site for more information about this unpublished book. (Scroll down to the section about the Stratemeyer Archives).
There is all kinds of interesting information there. I'd love to see this in person if I ever got the chance. :) 8)

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on December 17, 2014, 09:01:01 AM
Well, guess what? I found out where you can read The Hardy Boys Who-Dunnit Book! :) 8)
The New York Public Library apparently has the manuscript in its vast collection of Stratemeyer Syndicate archives. Check out this site for more information about this unpublished book. (Scroll down to the section about the Stratemeyer Archives).
There is all kinds of interesting information there. I'd love to see this in person if I ever got the chance. :) 8)

That's cool info! 8) I didn't click on the link there, but I'm definitely interested in the manuscript at the NYPL. 8)

MacGyver

Yeah- the library would have been a must-see stop anyway, but if I ever get to New York, I will definitely have to check out NYPL and their Stratemeyer Archives.  :)