0 (0%)
The Doggone Detectives
0 (0%)
Sports Sabotage
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

tomswift2002

What is your favourite eight?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

CalvinKnox

I've only read the Cabin Islands and See no Evil.  I found that See no Evil was a little slow moving, but I liked how the events were mentioned later in Line of Fire.

MacGyver

Crazy Eights! :) 8)

I like all of them to some extent, but especially this close to Christmas, I had to give it up for The Mystery of Cabin Island- that's an all-time Hardy Boys classic with good reason.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

For me, it's between the two Cabin Islands and "See No Evil" & "Mystery Train".
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

CalvinKnox

There is something special about Cabin Island, the mystery is almost a secondary part of the plot.  I like the fox hunt scene in the original text which is the biggest reason why I picked it, instead of the revised. 

tomswift2002

The fox hunt scene was actually added after McFarlane turned in the manuscript.  Edward Stratemeyer asked McFarlane to add more to the book to make the story longer.  So originally the fox hunt was not in the book.

CalvinKnox

Hmm, that is interesting.  But Cabin Island was never published without the hunt scene until the revised?

tomswift2002

Yeah.  The first printing featured the chapter.  And if you read Chapter 15 after Chapter 13 you can see how the chapter did come after 13 originally.  But it's also interesting how Chapter 14 also starts similarly to 15, and is able to be slipped in with no effect on the story.