What is your favorite Hardy Boys Agency from the main 2

The Network
8 (66.7%)
American Teens Against Crime (ATAC)
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: September 10, 2008, 03:52:25 PM

tomswift2002

This is in response to the discussion "Calling All ATAC Fans".  I thought that I'd see which agency, out of the two agencies that the Hardy's have done a lot of work for in the books, do people like better or prefer?

For me, its the Network.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

NZone

Network. All right ATAC fans let's go. *Cracks knuckles*
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

SDLagent

Quote from: tomswift2002 on August 06, 2008, 03:52:25 PM
This is in response to the discussion "Calling All ATAC Fans". 

If you can call it a discussion!

The Network for me! For one thing they don't take over the Hardy life, and for another while both are cheesy, The Network is the least cheesy.

Olivia

The Network!

New Emanciptated Technicians Working On Real Kases. (The last word is suppose to be "cases" if you didn't catch on - hardy ha-ha).

;)

I don't know if that even makes sense.

Sam Spade

I went with The Network.
I haven't read that many books with them in it, but they HAVE to be better then ATAC!
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

mystery chick 901

Quote from: negative_zone on August 06, 2008, 05:05:14 PM

LOL ;D

Anyways, I'm going with the Network (for obvious reasons) :)

Sam Spade

Quote from: negative_zone on August 06, 2008, 05:05:14 PM

LOL! ;D ;D ;D

Careful N_zone, or SkyWarp might kick you off the site! ;D
Check out my Youtube Channel: :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SageDuvall

Olivia

I don't know this for sure (so correct me if I'm wrong) but it seems the Network is more far-reaching, both age-wise and globally.

Sure, ATAC is sometimes sent out of the country, but ultimately it seems to be restricted to young people for field work, and cases related to the U.S.

Yes, I know that's the whole point - young people + U.S. cases, but still!

tomswift2002

Even in the recent Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery Danger Overseas the Hardy's were wondering why ATAC was sending them overseas when ATAC is, apparently, an American organization only and only has jurisdiction in the US.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Q

Why do you think it is an American organization, Tom?

tomswift2002

American Teens Against Crime

Plus, if you look at the chapter where Frank and Joe receive their mission, the author details ATAC a little bit.

NZone

It would make sense, but if it is just a private agency, it wouldn't really have "jurisdiction."
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

tomswift2002

Well, considering that the books have mentioned that the FBI have called on ATAC a few times and I believe one book mentions that ATAC is an official government agency, just the cloak and dagger type, I would say that ATAC wasn't a private agency.

NZone

If its cloak and dagger, (black ops?), I don't believe it would have an official jurisdiction either.