the unbelievable hardy events

Started by devoika86, October 01, 2008, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZone

Dude, I have the book too, I'm just too lazy to go check.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

devoika86

then just take my word on it.

the hardy boys are cool and all, but really, the authors shoulda done some research bout laws (just a lil) b4 they wrote sum of the books they did

Olivia

I think it's safe to say there are a lot more mistakes in other books, and maybe even other HBs series.

Also, it might not be that they didn't do the research or have the knowledge. Sometimes a detail could be forgotten or since there is a limited amount of space in a book, they skip over things.

devoika86

i def agree, this isnt the only book with unbelievable events. i dk, im finding it hard to read hardy books all the way thru now a days, cuz i keep havin to put the book down and go "no freakin way did a teenager just do that". and how come the boys are hardly ever in school? its like its always summer or winter vacation. convinient. ::) :P

SDLagent

Um, so what DO you like about the Hardy Boys? You seem to dislike the main premise!

Olivia

devoika86 - It has to be like that in a series like this. Otherwise they'll actually get older. Or, the amount of books that can be written will be very limited.

Of all the things to pick on, that is the one thing that can't change or the whole series won't work.

You must hate TV too ;)

devoika86

nah, i love tv :P  dude, i dont mind unbelievable, but in alota books they just start out too much too fast and its like, if u were gona do all this gung ho action packed stuff, u shoulda at least made the boys college age, if not in the digests at least in the casefiles

SDLagent

Well, that's how The Hardy Boys are.

Olivia

I think it would generally put a damper on it if they were college-age. It's almost like they are too old and have more responsibility or something. Not that it couldn't work or wouldn't be just as good, but still.

I don't mean "too old" as in "Wow, they're old!" Because hello, I'm obviously a certain age too ::) I just mean for the sake of the series their their original age works well (16-18).

But I have read a couple of fan fiction (haven't read any in a long time though, and I'm really selective) where they do pull them off in their 20's very well.

devoika86

well at least in the casefiles they should be older, like 19 and 20 or whatever. but the hardy boys are still good and all, but some are just more unbelievable than others is all