Which Casefiles are best?

Started by JoeHardyRocks, September 28, 2008, 09:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeHardyRocks

We were thinking about ordering some Casefiles, and we were wondering which ones you guys thought were good, so we don't order the bad ones. Thanks. :)
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

Well you need to start with #1, also #4 is pretty good.

JoeHardyRocks

I know to start with 1, just wondering, does it all continue so you have to read all of them in order, or is it just..
"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

Someone else would be better able to answer, but there is some kind of continuity and/or details that sort of transfer over book-to-book. But it's also really easy to read them as just separate individual stories too.

I asuggest you look at this thread (Top Ten Casefiles):

http://www.hardyboyscasefiles.com/forums/index.php?topic=817.0

However, I'm sure others will recommend some specific books to get you started, because people's favourites may not necessarily be the ones to really launch you into the series. It depends, I suppose.

SDLagent

Books you should read in order:

#64-#66
#76-#78, #80

There are others too, but these are just what I could think of right now.

tomswift2002

If you love a good murder story I would suggest checking out Casefiles #20 Witness to Murder

Casefiles #23 Disaster For Hire is pretty good since Fenton Hardy gets framed for murder.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Also, Gertrude is suspected of murder in ''A Killing in the Market''. I like the stories that hit close to home for the Hardys.

tomswift2002

Danger Zone, #37, sees Laura Hardy get kidnapped.
#39 Flesh and Blood sees Chet as a possible suspect in the attempted murder and revenge plot on the Hardy family.
#22 Double Exposure introduces the Hardy Boys other brother who is trying to rub out a visiting Russian dignitary.
#36 Running On Empty has the Hardy's trying to figure out where Chet's stolen Corvette has gone to.

Also, the Bayport Corruption trilogy is a really good story (comprising #8 See No Evil #16 Line Of Fire and #55 Beyond The Law).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

FrankJoeATAC

The Hardy Boys have another brother?

tomswift2002

Quote from: FrankJoeATAC on September 30, 2008, 07:06:33 PM
The Hardy Boys have another brother?

You'll just have to read the book to find out.

FrankJoeATAC

JoeHardyRocks

"Thank you, Joe."

Olivia

It's not mean, it's saving the story. I know you're kidding though. Well...I hope so.

SDLagent

#5 ''Edge of Destruction'', and #6 ''The Crowing Terror'' are also good.

NZone

Quote from: SDLagent on October 01, 2008, 01:20:51 AM
#5 ''Edge of Destruction'', and #6 ''The Crowing Terror'' are also good.

Yes, the Crowing Terror, that was a good one. I love the part when the terrorizing crow poops all over Joe's car after he just washed and waxed it.
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.