January 2011 Book Club Discussion - The Borderline Case (#25 Casefile)

Started by Olivia, January 14, 2011, 05:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 13, 2011, 03:26:16 PM
I've played the first 21 ND games. Very cool. SHA is one of my second favorites.

What's your first? Are you able to solve all of them without needing a walkthrough? I know if I didn't use them, I wouldn't get anywhere. Some of them are really hard, aren't they? ;D

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 13, 2011, 03:30:38 PM
What's your first? Are you able to solve all of them without needing a walkthrough? I know if I didn't use them, I wouldn't get anywhere. Some of them are really hard, aren't they? ;D

I love Warnings at Waverly Academy. ;) I've solved most of them with UHS.
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

Hardy Boys UB Fan

AlwaysAJoefan

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 13, 2011, 03:41:49 PM
Universal Hint System. http://www.uhs-hints.com/ It has all the ND games and I think it has one of the HB games.

Okay. I use ones that give you everything, not just hints. :)   

AlwaysAJoefan

Quote from: Hardy Boys UB Fan on February 13, 2011, 03:43:38 PM
Okay. I use ones that give you everything, not just hints. :)

UHS gives you hints, but if you click further and further, they'll tell you just what to do. They give you a chance to figure it out on your own, with just a little help, which is what I like.

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on February 13, 2011, 03:55:02 PM
UHS gives you hints, but if you click further and further, they'll tell you just what to do. They give you a chance to figure it out on your own, with just a little help, which is what I like.

In those games, I don't mind being told what to do step-by-step. It's easier for me to figure out.

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: Olivia on February 13, 2011, 01:22:35 PM

However, I have to say that the Girl Detective series is very well-written (later numbers) compared to just about any UB. I'm still surprised, because I hated what they did until it improved. Although the last ND:GD trilogy I was in the middle of reading a long time ago (the one about the model) wasn't too great.

Yeah, the one about the model wasn't good, but I think the Girl Detective series is pretty well written.... It actually almost makes me *gasp!* LIKE Nerd Nickerson!  :o
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: JoeHardyRocks on February 13, 2011, 05:56:58 PM
Yeah, the one about the model wasn't good, but I think the Girl Detective series is pretty well written.... It actually almost makes me *gasp!* LIKE Nerd Nickerson!  :o

I think it's well written, I'll give them that much credit. But I'm still a UB fan.

MacGyver

QuoteI remember when I was growing up how my mom used to tell me that back in the 60's and 70's the Christian bookstore in our city used to carry the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew G&D books due to them having Christian values in them, even though they were not written as religious fiction.
I just ran across this link at random- I was already familiar with Christianbook.com, but I didn't realize they sold The Hardy Boys books! That's pretty cool- I guess that tradition lives on. :)
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=461052&sp=102298&event=102298RNF%7C383943%7C102298
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Yeah- and they even have some of the Applewood prints available for order, which is pretty neat since some of them have gone out of print and are hard to find.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Boys UB Fan

Quote from: MacGyver on March 13, 2011, 09:28:03 PM
Yeah- and they even have some of the Applewood prints available for order, which is pretty neat since some of them have gone out of print and are hard to find.

We order from CBD. ;D Have you ordered one from CBD? What's the book like? :-\

MacGyver

I don't think I've ordered from Christianbook.com before, but I'm sure a lot of the things I've bought at my local Christian bookstores may have come from there.
The Applewood books are reprints of the original text stories (The first 38 books in Grossett & Dunlap's original series)- and so these are hardback books with a red cover and dustjacket with the original artwork on it. There's a picture of it right there in the link I posted- they have a listing for the original text version of The Secret of the Old Mill :)

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)