Schedule for Book Club

Started by hardygirl847, April 16, 2010, 05:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

Quote from: MacGyver on September 30, 2010, 09:23:24 AM
Thanks for the reminder- I'd forgotten I'd picked that. Do I need to go ahead and start a thread for it too then?

Welcome. I can barely remember my name half the time. lol Yeah, feel free to start a thread here in the General area around Oct. 15th or so. Thanks!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Pretty soon MacGyver will start his discussion about Dead of Night Casefiles #80! Such a good choice for this month!

I am up next month with Trapped at Sea. I'm curious...will enough of you be able to participate? I have the book and need to read it. However, I worry that not a lot of you have it or have read it. There's still a little time to change it, if need be.

ALSO, next month we will start our sign up for 2011. Be on the lookout for that if you are interested in participating. All you have to do is choose a book (we like to mix the series around a bit) and then start the discussion in the middle of the month you have also chosen. First come, first serve.

We welcome new people as well!!!

How do you feel about including a trilogy in there somewhere? Maybe Jan-March or April to June? I have been itching to read Operation Phoenix or the other Casefile trilogy for some time now...We can think about it though. It would be something different...sorta. :)

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

I will be posting the Dead of Night thread soon. I just finished the book the other day (for the like millionth time- lol). I do have Trapped at Sea and I have read, but it has been a little while.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Thanks! I saw your review! It was good! :) I am glad you have that one too. I have been waiting to read it for next month. I wasn't into digests before. I went from having maybe 20 Casefiles to 3 WHOLE shelves full of Hardy Boys books. My Casefile collection is complete, I have some digests, bluespines, GNs, UBs, and SuperMystery books. I'm a nut! :)

What do you think of the trilogy idea?

MacGyver

That's fine with me. We'd have to handle the later UB books the same way, for that matter.

hardygirl847

hardygirl847

Get out your copy of Trapped at Sea, Digest #75 and start reading!!! In about 2 weeks we will begin the discussion! :)

hardygirl847

December's book of the month is The Mystery of Cabin Island, Original #8, brought to you by MacGyver!!

Happy reading!

Also, don't forget to stop by the Sign Up thread for next year's discussion list!!! Dec. 1 is the deadline.

hardygirl847

FEBRUARY is being led my yours truly. :)

Dust off your copies of Wipeout! I'm interested in comparing the book to the television episode with my crush, Parker.