Schedule for Book Club

Started by hardygirl847, April 16, 2010, 05:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

QuoteOh dear! I guess it will be interesting to read and compare.
You do know I was just making a, albeit dumb, joke, right? ;) ;D
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

hardygirl847

So....I just got the 1959 version of The House on the Cliff. I also have the flashlight version as well. Which would should I read or does it really matter? Please let me know soon.... I only have a few more days before we start discussing it. :)
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Read both!..... at the same time. ;) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

lol I don't want to completely confuse myself....unless you are saying they are the same. lol

MacGyver

They're not- but this would give you a line by line comparison.0

SDLagent

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 11, 2010, 03:50:58 PM
So....I just got the 1959 version of The House on the Cliff. I also have the flashlight version as well. Which would should I read or does it really matter? Please let me know soon.... I only have a few more days before we start discussing it. :)

The 1959 version and the "flashlight version" are the same book inside. Both revised text. The original's from 1927.

MacGyver

Oh wow- I didn't even catch that earlier. Yeah, the 1927 is the original- I've got the Applewood reprint and the later "flashlight version"- but I'll probably try to read the original version for this round since I've read the revised one- although it was a long while ago...

hardygirl847

Oh right...darn. Well, it's still cool to have an old book. I guess I will read my newer one to keep the older one in better condition. Not that I get wild and crazy while I'm reading....lol

SDLagent

I'll post the thread for this month's book either later today or tomorrow. Depends if I finish the book tonight or not...

hardygirl847

Quote from: SDLagent on June 15, 2010, 04:03:17 PM
I'll post the thread for this month's book either later today or tomorrow. Depends if I finish the book tonight or not...

:) Fair enough.

hardygirl847

Just a friendly reminder....

JULY BOOK CHOICE CHOSEN BY TOMSWIFT2002!!!

Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88, Murder On The Fourth of July

It might be the 4th soon, but don't worry...you have until the 15th or so before the discussion starts. Happy reading!

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on June 30, 2010, 01:52:03 PM
Just a friendly reminder....

JULY BOOK CHOICE CHOSEN BY TOMSWIFT2002!!!

Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88, Murder On The Fourth of July

It might be the 4th soon, but don't worry...you have until the 15th or so before the discussion starts. Happy reading!

Wow! I've been so busy that I nearly forgot about this. 

Anyway, Happy Canada Day to those of us in Canada today!
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

hardygirl847

Well I'm glad I reminded you then. :) It's hard to remember everything especially when things get so busy!

I'm not in Canada but HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

hardygirl847

I hope you've been reading the Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys Super Mystery...Murder on the Fourth of July! Discussion starts soon. Thanks to tomswift for his book choice and for leading the discussion! :)