Schedule for Book Club

Started by hardygirl847, April 16, 2010, 05:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardygirl847

WOW! It's April 16th already! Where is the time going??? It's cliche but true!

A few weeks ago, we talked about setting up a schedule for the book club discussions starting in May. I think it will be first come, first serve on this one. Insert the text as a quote or copy and paste with your name/username, book series, and book title next to the month of your choosing. The number of the book might be helpful too.

Example. April-hardygirl, Casefiles, Thick as Thieves #29

If you would like to participate in this, please do so by April 24th. The new discussion will start on this day. It will then give people time to get the May book choice.

May-
June-
July-
August-
September-
October-
November-
December-

PLEASE NOTE....For now, please pick one month. You will lead the discussion and pick your choice of series and book within that series. Please be aware of the types of books that come before you. I don't mind a few of the same in a row but not the whole year of the same.

If there are not enough months, please add to the list. If not enough people "sign up" then we will start the rotation over again OR do a trilogy for 3 months before doing a pick-your-month type schedule again.

Thanks! I can't wait to read all of your book choices! :)

I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on April 16, 2010, 05:32:39 PM
May-
June-
July- tomswift2002 Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 Murder On The Fourth of July
August-
September-
October-
November-
December-

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

QuoteMay-
June-
July- tomswift2002 Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys SuperMystery'88 Murder On The Fourth of July
August-
September-
October-
November-
December- MacGyver- The Hardy Boys (Originals) #8 "The Mystery of Cabin Island"

[Note: I only have the revised version at this point, but I'd be interested to hear from readers with the Original Text as well. I've heard this is something of a Christmas tradition for many of The Hardy Boys readers and I LOVE Christmas (and the Christ of Christmas :-)) and I'm always happy to keep Christmas traditions (at any time of the year too. ;-))]
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

May-
June-SDLagent, The Hardy Boys #2 The House on the Cliff
August-
September-
October-
November-

hardygirl847

Awesome choices! :) Now I have to hunt those down! :)

We still need a May! :)

Also, how should we deal with fillers? I think it's great you all chose a month you would like to do but in case we have gaps...how would you like to handle that? A trilogy wouldn't work for that. Hmm...it might be too early to tell but let me know if you have ideas.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

We could always just all pick a second one if no one else jumps on the bandwagon.

hardygirl847

Yeah that might be what we do. :)  I guess I can technically pick another one towards the end of the year. We'll give it a few more days but have a second choice in mind. We can always add new people to the list.

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on April 16, 2010, 09:43:26 PM
[Note: I only have the revised version at this point, but I'd be interested to hear from readers with the Original Text as well. I've heard this is something of a Christmas tradition for many of The Hardy Boys readers and I LOVE Christmas (and the Christ of Christmas :-)) and I'm always happy to keep Christmas traditions (at any time of the year too. ;-))]

You should try to track down a Grosset & Dunlap copy or an Applewood edition of The Mystery of Cabin Island (1929) since, even though the whole storyline is the same, there are very different scenes at certain points and the 1966 version has some different characters that don't appear in the 1929 version.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

MacGyver

Maybe I can do just that. I'd sure like to read the original version if I can. I've got some time to look for it though. :)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

And that's the beauty of this schedule... :)

OK we still need a May folks! April 24th starts our discussion of Thick as Thieves. We will need to have May book choice ASAP. Go ahead and pick another month, book, etc. I guess we can go with the whole "you snooze, you lose" policy. :)

May-
August-
September-
October-
November- hardygirl847, Digest, Trapped at Sea #75

tomswift2002

Well I think we should maybe remind people that even though these books will be the main books of the months, we will still be discussing the newer Hardy Boys that come out every other month.   So we won't be forgetting about the upcoming Lost Trilogy or Trouble At The Arcade/The Missing Mitt or Deadly Strategy or future books.

hardygirl847

Quote from: tomswift2002 on April 21, 2010, 11:55:08 AM
Well I think we should maybe remind people that even though these books will be the main books of the months, we will still be discussing the newer Hardy Boys that come out every other month.   So we won't be forgetting about the upcoming Lost Trilogy or Trouble At The Arcade/The Missing Mitt or Deadly Strategy or future books.

Of course but these books will have their own thread to discuss them on separately from the book club discussions. Thanks for the reminder though! :)

We still need a May people!

tomswift2002

*if anyone else want May, let me know, but for now...

May- tomswift2002 Clues Brothers #3 First Day, Worst Day
August-
September-
October-
November- hardygirl847, Digest, Trapped at Sea #75

hardygirl847

Thanks for picking a May book tomswift! :) Of course it has to be one I don't have... *goes hunting online for it*

tomswift2002

Well, people hardly talk about the Clues Brothers, and considering how the Secret Files are being released right now for the first time, it might be interesting to see how the two series compare.