Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers TRILOGY

Started by SkyWarp, January 08, 2008, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centrion

Yeah, I remeber seeing the Frank and Joe on the top and thinking, Huh, they changed the layout. By the way, is it just my edition, or do they have three chapters in a row being Frank's? In mine, they had Joe speaking but they had Frank at the beginning of the chapter.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

tomswift2002

I'll have to check.  I just glanced through since I'm reading the Voodoo Plot (and reorganizing my bookshelf)).
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

tomswift2002

I read mine and they don't have chapters.  It is basically Chapter 2 that they printed from the book, which is a Frank chapter, but Joe cuts in and they have Joe's name when he does, and vice versa.  But, boy is this ever going to be a weak trilogy.  We can already tell a lot about the trilogy from the sample.

1.  It is going to be dealing with a "Big Brother" style reality show.  Between the graphic novels and the regular novels, the Hardy's have already dealt with reality shows like 6 times.  Plus, between 2002 and 2005 there were another 2 or 3 reality show based Digest books.  And Bayport Buccanneers was a disaster of a book.

2.  Is it just me, or are you getting tired of almost every case that ATAC sends the Hardy's on starts because some one received some sort of threat, whether it was a pasted note, or a phone call or an email threat. 

3.  The Hardy's have to protect another high-profiler just like they did in Top Ten Ways To Die, Blown Away, Trouble In Paradise, Death And Diamonds, Madhouse, Hyde & Shriek & Terror On Tour

4.  With the threats the Hardy's are now detectives that may be turned into homocide detectives once more.

I don't know about you, but it seems like the Undercover Brothers series is running out of gas.  Constantly recycling plots and storylines is not the way to make a successful series, especially one that is only 3 years old.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

Centrion

Yeah, I noticed almost every book (except for Wanted, one of the best books in my opinion) had at least one or two people murdered and the Hardys investigated. Also, about the chapters, I meant in the Comic Con Artist book itself, the chapters first person narrator repeated.
Don't worry, I have a plan.
-Frank
Right. Every time you say that, I usually do something stupid, like jump in a septic tank.
-Joe

Q

Jokerette

actually guys,i think HB UB's are the best!!however,the trilogy sux!!!! >:( >:(
I know that all you need is love, but I believe an Xbox Kinnect is pretty essential too, am I right?

SDLagent

Quote from: Yo on May 10, 2008, 05:33:02 PM
actually guys,i think HB UB's are the best!!however,the trilogy sux!!!! >:( >:(

I'm was really looking forward to this trilogy; its been over 13 years since the last trilogy (Ring of Evil), and since the UB series is going nowhere I thought it would be a nice change of pace. But since the preview came out I haven't been so excited, because I don't think a reality TV show is the best setting for a Hardy Boys book, let alone a whole trilogy! Still hoping it will be good...

tomswift2002

Well, I got an email over the weekend from Chapters.ca (I order and by my new books from them here in Canada) saying that Deprivation House was shipped over the weekend.

Q

tomswift2002

Yeah, in fact, I live in Ontario about an hour and a half drive northwest of Ottawa.

Q

tomswift2002

I received my copy a week ago, and its been in the Coles store here in Pembroke for that long.

Q

I was just following the calendar. I knew you could already get it.

mystery chick 901

Lola

I have! I was slightly disappointed with the first two chapters only because the ghostwriter wrote the brothers in the usual mean teasing manner. But as the story progressed the brother's characters got better as did the story.