The Hidden Theft Available at Retail

Started by SkyWarp, October 01, 2008, 12:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWarp

One of literature?s most beloved detective series, The Hardy Boys, transforms into an exciting interactive experience as JoWooD and DreamCatcher Games, leading worldwide publishers and distributors of interactive entertainment software, today announced The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft for Windows? is available at retail outlets nationwide. 

Featuring the voices and likenesses of teen media titans Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley, The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft is a highly-anticipated mystery adventure that takes fans on an exciting ride through the world of the teen super sleuths.

SkyWarp

One of literature?s most beloved detective series, The Hardy Boys, transforms into an exciting interactive experience as JoWooD and DreamCatcher Games, leading worldwide publishers and distributors of interactive entertainment software, today announced The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft for Windows? is available at retail outlets nationwide.  Featuring the voices and likenesses of teen media titans Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley, The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft is a highly-anticipated mystery adventure that takes fans on an exciting ride through the world of the teen super sleuths.

?With more than 100 million books sold worldwide, The Hardy Boys remains one of the most popular series to date, its distinct characters and intriguing storylines are perfect for the interactive arena,? said Byron Gaum, Global Product Marketing Manager, DreamCatcher Games.  ?Having Jesse McCartney and Cody Linley chronicle the interactive adventures of Frank and Joe Hardy adds an entertaining element to the game that fans everywhere will enjoy.?

In The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft, the vault at Spencer Mansion is robbed, and the Bayport Police call on the Hardy Boys to help tie-up some loose ends, but they soon find themselves in the middle of a major criminal investigation that takes them on an adventure all over Bayport, and even into New York City.  But the pieces don?t add up, and Frank and Joe find themselves embroiled in a drama of sinister proportions.  Is the recent theft linked to something from the past?  Can Frank and Joe find and decipher the clues in time to prevent another crime from happening?

During the course of the investigation, players can choose from a variety of dialogue responses to personalize their experience; tackle mini-games for valuable pieces of evidence and even contact Nancy Drew and other characters for help.  It will take all the deductive skills players have to solve this masterful mystery.

Rated ?E10+? for Everyone 10+, The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft is developed by XPEC Entertainment Inc. and published by DreamCatcher Games and is now available for Windows? for a suggested retail price of $19.99.  For more information about The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft please visit www.hardyboysgame.com.

About The Hardy Boys

With over 100 million copies of their beloved books in print, America?s original crime scene investigators, Frank and Joe Hardy, are riding a wave of classic retro popularity combined with a whole new attitude.  Since 1928, Simon & Schuster and Grosset & Dunlap have published The Hardy Boys classic editions, currently selling over 1 million copies annually.  The new contemporary series Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, featuring the boys as spies for American Teens Against Crime launched in 2005, with an additional Super Mystery published every summer.

About DreamCatcher Inc.

Established in 1996 and located in Toronto, Canada, DreamCatcher Inc. is a leading worldwide publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software for Windows? as well as the leading hardware platforms, including Xbox 360?, PlayStation? 3, Wii? and Nintendo DS?.

DreamCatcher is owned by JoWooD Productions, an Austrian based videogame publisher traded on the Vienna stock exchange. DreamCatcher markets its products under two popular labels: DreamCatcher Games, featuring the critically-acclaimed, bestselling game Painkiller; and The Adventure Company, the number one brand for PC adventure game sales worldwide including award-winning titles such as Syberia and Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None.  Visit www.dreamcatchergames.com for more information.

About Simon & Schuster

Simon & Schuster, a part of the CBS Corporation, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats. Its divisions include Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, Simon & Schuster Audio, Simon & Schuster Online, and international companies in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit our website at www.simonsays.com.

003Robin457

It took me a few stores to find it but I did. Wal*Wart did not have it nor did Game Stop (However they told me one did 1200 miles amay) but finaly I found a copy at Frys. The game is really good. It is set in the UB universe and is like an AU of The Tower Treasure. Frank and Joe are done well, but some other chacters where different than I exepcted. But with books different people imigin different things. Lura at first looks like Georges fieace Susan from singfeld and at first I thought she was Trudy. Trudy looks so old but in the origonals wasent she 60? Fenton has a musdash and for a minut sounded like Bruce Wane from Batman: TAS. And Con Riley is black, I'm not racest or any thing but thats not how I pictured him. But you get used to this pretty fast. There a few graphic flaws like when some one turns their feet do the same thing as when they walk foreward, but other than minor flaws the graphics are very good. I loved seeing the Hardy home and talking to Cheat and Nancy on my cell. The mystery is pretty good even if you did read Tower Treasure it is challenging. It is very addictive despite I'm stuck on Chapter 2. All and all a very good game and I'm look ing foreward to what ever comes next. AU The House on the Cliff?

tomswift2002

I always imagingined Con Riley looking like Longarm from the Cops Animated Series (1988-1989).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LongArm
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

JoeHardyRocks

Quote from: 003Robin457 on October 05, 2008, 12:36:05 PM
It took me a few stores to find it but I did. Wal*Wart did not have it nor did Game Stop (However they told me one did 1200 miles amay) but finaly I found a copy at Frys. The game is really good. It is set in the UB universe and is like an AU of The Tower Treasure. Frank and Joe are done well, but some other chacters where different than I exepcted. But with books different people imigin different things. Lura at first looks like Georges fieace Susan from singfeld and at first I thought she was Trudy. Trudy looks so old but in the origonals wasent she 60? Fenton has a musdash and for a minut sounded like Bruce Wane from Batman: TAS. And Con Riley is black, I'm not racest or any thing but thats not how I pictured him. But you get used to this pretty fast. There a few graphic flaws like when some one turns their feet do the same thing as when they walk foreward, but other than minor flaws the graphics are very good. I loved seeing the Hardy home and talking to Cheat and Nancy on my cell. The mystery is pretty good even if you did read Tower Treasure it is challenging. It is very addictive despite I'm stuck on Chapter 2. All and all a very good game and I'm look ing foreward to what ever comes next. AU The House on the Cliff?

So I should buy it before the Haunting of Castle Malloy?
"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."

003Robin457

I don't know never played Haunting at Castel Malloy.

JoeHardyRocks

"Hey! Don't do that here. You'll mess up my bedspread."
Rolling his eyes, Joe sat on the window sill and started sawing.
"Thank you, Joe."
"You're welcome, Martha Stewart."