Woohoo! Summer Reading Time means Hardy Boys Books!

Started by Hardy Sleuth, July 03, 2012, 09:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Sleuth

I've been enjoying the summer reading Hardy Boys books, actual books, and also a friend has an ereader. 8) Spending time catching bad guys and solving mysteries and surviving is very appealing to me. I've got books yet to read and some I want to re-read. If it's really great then I'm ready to read it again before I'm even finished! 8) I love reading about justice and teamwork - it's very cool. 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

"Then I won't tell you to give up hope," Frank said softly. 8)

MacGyver

QuoteI've been enjoying the summer reading Hardy Boys books, actual books, and also a friend has an ereader.  Spending time catching bad guys and solving mysteries and surviving is very appealing to me. I've got books yet to read and some I want to re-read. If it's really great then I'm ready to read it again before I'm even finished!  I love reading about justice and teamwork - it's very cool. 
Well, I generally read Hardy Boys books throughout the year, but I know what you mean. ;)
And what's this about "actual books"? The Hardy Boys books are actual books- lol. ;D
Since I just recently finally finished reading a Tom Swift book (the first I've ever read- Tom Swift Jr. and his Jetmarine- it was fun and even had a bit of a mystery of sorts to it- but it's definitely not quite the same as The Hardy Boys. I might try reading another at some point- but I don't know if I'd say it's my favorite. I like it well enough though.)
Anyway, I'm thinking I'd like to jump back into some of The Hardy Boys books again now too- maybe finally reading the Ultra Thriller crossover books.... :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on July 03, 2012, 09:09:57 PM
Well, I generally read Hardy Boys books throughout the year, but I know what you mean. ;)

Lol, yeah, I like reading Hardy Boys all year long, too! ;D

Quote from: MacGyver on July 03, 2012, 09:09:57 PMAnd what's this about "actual books"? The Hardy Boys books are actual books- lol. ;D

MacGyver! :o Of course the Hardy Boys books are actual books! I never said they weren't! I said I've been enjoying the summer reading Hardy Boys books then I'm referring to the exact kind of Hardy Boys books as in actual physical paper copies and also ebooks. It was all about Hardy Boys books!!!!!! ;D 8) ;D The Hardy Boys books are the actual books I'm talking about!!! 8)
Joe Hardy said "Iola is alive, I can feel it. I couldn't feel this strongly about someone who was dead."

MacGyver

QuoteMacGyver!  Of course the Hardy Boys books are actual books! I never said they weren't! I said I've been enjoying the summer reading Hardy Boys books then I'm referring to the exact kind of Hardy Boys books as in actual physical paper copies and also ebooks. It was all about Hardy Boys books!!!!!!    The Hardy Boys books are the actual books I'm talking about!!! 
LOL! I just had to clarify. Haha- sorry. The way you posted it at first made me think you were listing your summer reading goals- Hardy Boys books and then actual books. It just sounded funny- but now that I look at it again, I see you were trying to make a distinction between physical books and electronic copies. My bad. ;D
Yes, of course The Hardy Boys books are actual books! They are some of the best ever actual books at that, actually. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Hardy Sleuth

Quote from: MacGyver on July 03, 2012, 10:35:07 PM
LOL! I just had to clarify. Haha- sorry. The way you posted it at first made me think you were listing your summer reading goals- Hardy Boys books and then actual books. It just sounded funny- but now that I look at it again, I see you were trying to make a distinction between physical books and electronic copies. My bad. ;D
Yes, of course The Hardy Boys books are actual books! They are some of the best ever actual books at that, actually. :) 8)

Lol, that's right! ;D

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on July 03, 2012, 09:09:57 PM
And what's this about "actual books"? The Hardy Boys books are actual books- lol. ;D
Since I just recently finally finished reading a Tom Swift book (the first I've ever read- Tom Swift Jr. and his Jetmarine- it was fun and even had a bit of a mystery of sorts to it- but it's definitely not quite the same as The Hardy Boys. I might try reading another at some point- but I don't know if I'd say it's my favorite. I like it well enough though.)
Anyway, I'm thinking I'd like to jump back into some of The Hardy Boys books again now too- maybe finally reading the Ultra Thriller crossover books.... :) 8)

Don't forget that with the Tom Swift books the original 25 (and #39) are in the public domain, so you might want to try those.  But I remember countless summers reading Hardy Boys books.  It seemed like I had finally caught up to the same time of the year when he boys tended to solve the most crimes.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver