2011 Book Club Schedule Sign Up

Started by hardygirl847, November 14, 2010, 11:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlwaysAJoefan

How about Hardy Boys casefile: The Genius Thieves? Could we do it in March?

On a side note, I might not be able to participate in each month. I have some of the listed books, but not all of them.  :-[
Want to cure this country? Try 2 Chronicles 7:14...

hardygirl847

That's a good one! Did I forget to include March before? Duh to me!

Thanks AlwaysaJoeFan! :) I will add that on there.

Also, don't feel like you have to participate every month. :) However, sometimes the conversations start out about the book's specific plot or whatever...but it can turn into other discussions. So definitely stop by and check it out. You never know what will happen!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Olivia

hardygirl847, thanks for the PM. I really was going to get back here a couple of days ago, but things have been so crazy. I apologize for my lateness.

Can I have dibs on March? I don't have a title yet because I need a bit to think about it (one that came to mind is already taken), plus I need to look at my books. And I'm not alert enough to make a decision right this second, so I'll let you guys know asap if that's okay :)

tomswift2002

Quote from: SDLagent on November 30, 2010, 07:22:27 PM
Did we already do The Melted Coins? If not, I'd like to read that in May. Preferably the original text. And for my second title, The Secret of the Old Mill. Put that anywhere you like except for February.

I thought that with the Grosset & Dunlap books we were giving people the option of being able to discuss both the Original and Revised texts?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

tomswift2002

Quote from: hardygirl847 on November 30, 2010, 08:16:49 PM

January- MacGyver, A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery (1988 series)- #19 Passport to Danger

February- Hardygirl847-Hardy Boys Digests # 96-Wipeout

March-

April- tomswift2002 The Hardy Boys #94 Breakdown In Axeblade

May- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Melted Coins

June- MacGyver The Hardy Boys #115 Sabotage at Sports City

July- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefile: Beyond the Law.

August- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14 Too Many Traitors

September- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Secret of the Old Mill #3

October-

November- Hardygirl847- Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew SuperMystery-Tour of Danger

December- tomswift2002 - Hardy Boys #147 Trial and Terror

VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

AlwaysAJoefan

hardygirl847

Quote from: Olivia on December 02, 2010, 10:30:30 PM
hardygirl847, thanks for the PM. I really was going to get back here a couple of days ago, but things have been so crazy. I apologize for my lateness.

Can I have dibs on March? I don't have a title yet because I need a bit to think about it (one that came to mind is already taken), plus I need to look at my books. And I'm not alert enough to make a decision right this second, so I'll let you guys know asap if that's okay :)

Olivia, March is off the table. I thought I posted the updated version but looks like I didn't. OOPS. Sorry about that. Is October okay? Please send me a title soon before the natives get restless. lol

I look forward to seeing what you choose. :)

Quote from: Captain Santa Claus on December 03, 2010, 08:34:22 AM
I thought that with the Grosset & Dunlap books we were giving people the option of being able to discuss both the Original and Revised texts?

It's hard to know which one you have sometimes...and of course hard to find the RT. So, we usually say either one is fine. My book is an older copy but I'm still not 100% sure it's the OT.

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on December 04, 2010, 09:00:37 PM
Didn't I do March?  ???

Yes. I just failed to post the updated schedule. My fault! Sorry!! I would have noticed earlier but I haven't been on my computer in a few days.

I just noticed Trevor's second pick too...SO yeah...I am behind. SORRY guys!

UPDATED SCHEDULE AS OF 12.06.10

January- MacGyver, A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Super Mystery (1988 series)- #19 Passport to Danger

February- Hardygirl847-Hardy Boys Digests # 96-Wipeout

March- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefiles ?The Genius Thieves

April- tomswift2002 The Hardy Boys #94 Breakdown In Axeblade

May- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Melted Coins

June- MacGyver The Hardy Boys #115 Sabotage at Sports City

July- AlwaysaJoeFan-Hardy Boys Casefile: Beyond the Law.

August- MacGyver The Hardy Boys Casefiles #14 Too Many Traitors

September- SDLagent, Hardy Boys Originals, The Secret of the Old Mill #3

October-

November- Hardygirl847- Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew SuperMystery-Tour of Danger

December- tomswift2002 - Hardy Boys #147 Trial and Terror

Mac, would you be willing to take one of yours so Olivia can have 2 as well? Everyone will have 2 then. :) Thanks!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Yeah, that's fine with me. I only took that many because at the time we hadn't gotten many responses. Would you have a preference on months, Olivia? At this point, I'd be happy to relinquish January's pick.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

hardygirl847

Thanks Mac! I know you were just helping. :D

Olivia, please let me know what you think.

Olivia

Quote from: AlwaysAJoefan on December 04, 2010, 09:00:37 PM
Didn't I do March?  ???

Sorry! I thought I read more carefully, even though that was two posts above me...

Quote from: MacGyver on December 06, 2010, 01:25:44 PM
Would you have a preference on months, Olivia? At this point, I'd be happy to relinquish January's pick.

I'm totally fine with January! I'll take it. Thanks :)

Quote from: hardygirl847 on December 06, 2010, 01:26:58 PM
Olivia, please let me know what you think.

I know it's probably in one of the threads that I haven't sifted through yet (which I will), but does the discussion start at the beginning or the end of the month?

I have a few picks, so everyone let me know which book you have better access to and we'll choose based on that. Also, let me know if it has been covered before.

New Year's Evil (Super Mystery) - Thought it fitting with the new year.

The Paris Connection (Super Mystery)

The Secret of the Soldier's Gold (Digest, #182)

The Borderline Case (Casefile, #25)

If none of those seem to work, and if anyone has an extra pick they really want to do, that's cool too. I just picked based on what I was going to read next anyway.

Sorry for making this such a lengthy process! I just got back on the computer today :-\

MacGyver

New Year's Evil would be a cool one. We've done a few books already to tie in with holidays during the year (which is why I chose Dead of Night for Halloween and The Mystery of Cabin Island for Christmas)- so that would be a nice book to do for one we haven't covered yet.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

The only one I have is The Borderline Case.

AlwaysAJoefan

MacGyver

Well, I've got all the ones listed, so it doesn't matter to me- but we seem to have a consensus growing here... :D