The Hardy Boys Trivia Game!

Started by The#1Hardy-BoysFan, July 04, 2007, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Okay, well I had to go look it up, but Iban is the answer you're looking for, I do believe.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Mattie

MacGyver

Which of The Hardy Boys books is the only one to get an adaptation that's at least fairly close to the book on more than one television show?
(Note: There could possibly technically be up to two answers for this, though I would say one is of indeterminable measure.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

tomswift2002

The only one that I can think of is The Clue Of The Screeching Owl.  Although that was only on the 70's TV series.  I can't think of any story that was made for 2 of the TV series.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

Mattie

MacGyver

QuoteThe only one that I can think of is The Clue Of The Screeching Owl.  Although that was only on the 70's TV series.  I can't think of any story that was made for 2 of the TV series.
tomswift2002 got it. The Clue of the Screeching Owl is the book I was thinking of. There was a version of this book on the 1970s The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries and on the 1969 The Hardy Boys cartoon. (According to episode guides online anyway. http://www.bcdb.com/cartoons/Filmation_Associates/H-R/The_Hardy_Boys/)
I was also thinking of The Tower Treasure since we know that The Mickey Mouse Club did "The Mystery of the Applegate Treasure" serial as an adaptation of that book and it's possible that the first episode of The Hardy Boys cartoon was an adaptation as well, but that's just conjecture until someone can get an official episode guide from Filmation or something.
Anyway- yeah, that one was hard, so good job on getting it! :D

tomswift2002

Unfortunately lists for the Animated series are rather incomplete, seeing as the cartoon hasn't been on TV for close to 30 years, and no one is sure where the rights are.

In which Hardy Boys episode does a Shaun Cassidy LP make an appearance?
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 

hardygirl847

Oh I know this because I remember thinking "but Joe doesn't sing!" Crap it's on the tip of my tongue...err..fingertips. lol
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

Mattie

oh say can you sing?  :-\

MacGyver

"A Perfect Stranger"? (total guess here- I'd have to go back and look at the episodes, but I know what scene you're talking about. I just can't remember which episode it's on. But it was really cool when they did that. 8))

tomswift2002

Here's a clue:  the LP doesn't appear till the 95 series.

hardygirl847

The 95 series??? Darn...I haven't watched those in probably a decade! I should get on that.
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Yeah- I know it's on the 1995 series- I just can't remember which episode. One day I might actually have some time and watch these again. But I did enjoy this version of The Hardy Boys well enough when it was on the air and when I watched through the whole series after getting them on DVD.

hardygirl847

I have to watch them again to decide how much I liked them or not. I just haven't had time. I should have a Hardy Boys Day or something soon. lol :)

No answer yet for this trivia question??  Was it the A Perfect Stranger episode?

MacGyver

Okay, I finally went back and looked through the episodes and after watching "A Perfect Stranger" again- I can tell you, it's not that episode. The episode in question is "Jazzman".