The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers: The New Case Files

Started by tomswift2002, February 18, 2010, 06:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Chapters.ca and Amazon.com both list a new Hardy Boys Graphic Novel series available in October 2010.

The title is listed as The Hardy Boys The New Casefiles #1: Crawling With Zombies, however, the cover image still shows the words "Undercover Brothers". 

The author is listed as Gerry Conway and not Scott Lobdell, while the artist is still Paulo Henrique.

No official word from Papercutz yet.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SDLagent

Wow. This is very unexpected. I wonder if Lobdell's leaving the current series, and Papercutz is going to relaunch it when the new writer comes on, or if this series will run along side the Lobdell series.

The name is very interesting, too. How will it be connected to the Casefiles, I wonder?

hardygirl847

Not too excited about zombies lol but very excited about New Case Files!!
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

MacGyver

Hmm- very interesting. Sounds cool. I wonder though if the book is just using the "Casefiles" to name to distinguish it from the current ongoing series with Lobdell. I wonder how much connection, if any, this will have The Hardy Boys Casefiles book series.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SDLagent

Quote from: MacGyver on February 19, 2010, 10:01:23 AM
Hmm- very interesting. Sounds cool. I wonder though if the book is just using the "Casefiles" to name to distinguish it from the current ongoing series with Lobdell. I wonder how much connection, if any, this will have The Hardy Boys Casefiles book series.

Same here. Sadly, I don't think there will be much of a connection to the Casefiles series. I hope so, though.

Bigfootman

YES! Finally something new with the Casefiles name on it! Hopefully, it's related to the casefiles.

http://bigfootmanshardyboysandnancydrew.blogspot.ca

Most Recent Post:
"Tom Swift Inventors' Academy" Cancelled?

Bigfootman

Most Recent Post:

SkyWarp

The price on this series appears to be a dollar cheaper as well.  I wonder what that is going to mean.  Shorter novels perhaps?

Fenlaur

FENLAUR

hardygirl847

Quote from: Fenlaur on February 20, 2010, 12:14:44 PM
Nancy Drew and Vampires?????

Hey, apparently everything and everyone has to jump on the Twilight bandwagon!!  :-\
I'm not on here as much or I just come on for a few moments. So I trying to keep up with posts. Sorry for being MIA. I've been off on a mission with Frank and Joe! :)

SDLagent

Quote from: SkyWarp on February 20, 2010, 10:03:57 AM
The price on this series appears to be a dollar cheaper as well.  I wonder what that is going to mean.  Shorter novels perhaps?

The page count is listed as 62. Titles in the current series are listed with 92 pages, I think.

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on February 20, 2010, 08:58:56 AM
I hate double posting but I found something very interesting:
http://www.amazon.com/Nancy-Drew-New-Case-Files/dp/1597072133/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266677818&sr=1-2

Nice find. I notice Stefan Petrucha (the current Nancy Drew Graphic Novel series) is the writer. Also, I thought that just the first title of the new Hardy Boys series was supernatural-themed. Since it was set for an October release and would be in stores just in time for Halloween, this made sense. Now, I'm thinking differently...a whole series of supernatural stories? I don't know.

SkyWarp

Quote from: SDLagent on February 20, 2010, 10:56:39 PMAlso, I thought that just the first title of the new Hardy Boys series was supernatural-themed. Since it was set for an October release and would be in stores just in time for Halloween, this made sense. Now, I'm thinking differently...a whole series of supernatural stories? I don't know.

I thought the same thing, but does the HB one say Part 1 like the ND one?  I didn't see it.  Perhaps they are having the ND come out in September as part 1 so that they could uncharacteristically have part 1 the very next month? 

I wonder if the release schedule will happen more often if they go for a shorter page count?

MacGyver

Well, it would be something different. And I notice that both The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew maintain the name of their current book series (Undercover Brothers and Girl Detective, respectively)- but both graphic novels have "The New Casefiles" name. That's fitting for The Hardy Boys if referring to the book series, but in Nancy Drew's case, her previous book series was The Nancy Drew Files. A series of supernatural-themed mysteries could be cool, if that's what they're going for. It could just also be that since they're starting this series in the fall, they're starting off with a Halloween adventure for the first round out.
    Though if the whole series were supernatural-themed, that would be interesting. That's generally been something that both Nancy and The Hardys have dealt with to some degree in the past stories (the Ghost Stories, notwithstanding of course)- but typically there's always some sort of a logical explanation. I wonder if these would delve into having the detectives come across supernatural things that can't be explained and are just accepted as being real. Of course, that would take them into a much different realm if they went this route. It'd be kind of like how Scooby-Doo has always had mysteries where the monsters are always somebody in a mask- then later series (i.e. The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo) and movies (i.e. Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost and Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders) started breaking from this tradition with having the gang encounter real supernatural phenomena. (And as an aside- there's yet another Scooby-Doo cartoon series starting sometime this year called "Scooby-Doo- Mystery, Inc." which may also be going this route. Sounds interesting from what I've read of it.)
     So anyway, I'll be interested to see how Papercutz moves forward with these series for The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew this fall.
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Bigfootman

Quote from: hardygirl847 on February 20, 2010, 09:45:15 PM
Hey, apparently everything and everyone has to jump on the Twilight bandwagon!!  :-\
More like jump on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer bandwagon.

Most Recent Post:

tomswift2002

Quote from: Dinosaur Dan on February 21, 2010, 06:03:55 PM
More like jump on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer bandwagon.

Hopefully they don't stay there for too long.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca