Adventures Database

Started by MacGyver, January 18, 2013, 07:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacGyver

Hey- I see you've started The Hardy Boys Adventures Database. Cool! :) 8) That will be nice to have up alongside The Hardy Boys Casefiles and The Hardy Boys Undercover Brothers databases. I was just wondering- do you think at some point there would ever be a database for the Original series (The first 58 books, both original text and revised text) and the Digests? I know the site has already expanded from its original narrower focus on just the Casefiles so that's just an idea for further expansion if you have the time and inclination to do at some point. Anyway, thanks for adding the new database for the new series- the site is already looking great and continually looking better all the time. :) 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

SkyWarp

What Adventure Database?  :)  I think you may be seeing things.  Oh, THAT adventure database.   

I am toying with all kinds of ideas continuously and I will not rule out the eventual possibility of an "original series" database.  But the likeliness of it is not very high as I would actually have to go around and acquire all the older books, let alone the entire "version" discussions I really don't want to deal with. :)

MacGyver

Well, that's cool- like I said, it was just a thought. I know "real life" stuff does tend to accumulate pretty quickly and take much more precedence over a hobby, fun as it may be. (Speaking from experience of previously running a Web site myself a while back.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

Judah-Ben-Hur

If you do decide to do an originals database, I'll gladly look up anything you need in my collection. I have both revisions and some original texts along with a ton of later digests.
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.~ Joshua 1:9

MacGyver

That goes for me too. I've got all the revised books and Digests in my Hardy Boys collection and in recent years, I've been working on getting all the original text books in some form or another. I'd be happy to help with anything I can, but like I said- it's your call on if you want to work on it at some point.

SkyWarp

The first two book summaries from the Adventures series have been added to the database.  I have also updated the list of post icons on this forum with an Adventure's icon (which you should be able to see with this post).

MacGyver

Yeah, I saw that. It looks great! :) 8)

tomswift2002

The Adventure Database can only be accessed from the home screen right now, it's not through the entire website just yet.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

SkyWarp

Quote from: tomswift2002 on February 08, 2013, 07:38:04 PM
The Adventure Database can only be accessed from the home screen right now, it's not through the entire website just yet.

Yeah, I have not updated the forum nav yet, but it should be accessible throughout the rest of the site.

SkyWarp

The forum navigation has now been updated.

MacGyver