Cool finds from The Hardy Boys cartoon and '70s show

Started by MacGyver, February 05, 2010, 12:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomswift2002

Quote from: MacGyver on January 08, 2014, 01:14:26 PM
Can't remember if I've posted this one- here's a record case released in conjunction with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. You may detect a slight emphasis on Shaun Cassidy here over Parker Stevenson. ;) ;D

That makes sense, as Shaun was the one who actual sang on the series.  As "Wipeout" joked, Frank was always leaving when Joe performed.
VHS, S-VHS, Super Betamax, Mini DV, MicroMV, Betacam SP, U-Matic SP - NTSC/PAL/SECAM.  All transferred to DVD! 
www.trevorthurlowproductions.ca

MacGyver

Well, yeah- true. But even in non-music related merchandise for the show, Shaun Cassidy most always tends to get top billing. (Poor Parker Stevenson- lol.) But then, Cassidy also got top billing on the show. I guess he was just better known due to his famous family. (David Cassidy on The Partridge Family, etc.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

I know I've posted on the watches that were released in connection with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries before- there was one for Nancy Drew and there was one for The Hardy Boys. I just saw one other one online that is devoted specifically to Shaun Cassidy as Joe Hardy- the picture looks similar- I wonder if this was a separate thing or if it was from the same watchmaker? (See the top of this page for the picture.)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."- Jesus
"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver in "Cease Fire"

MacGyver

Wow- this looks like the ultimate Shaun Cassidy item for girls- a Barbie-size cutout of Shaun Cassidy! lol ;D (And as you can see in the pictures, it's still marketed with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show, as the copyright on his leg attests, not to mention the printed note on his chest- "Love, Shaun Cassidy as Joe Hardy". Though there's no comma on the item itself; perhaps this is meant as a verbal, subliminal command. ;) ;D)

MacGyver

promotional photo of Pamela Sue Martin as Nancy Drew. :) 8)

MacGyver

Nice cartoon production cel from The Hardy Boys! :) 8)

MacGyver

Just ran across this other image from The Hardy Boys cartoon. Looks like it could be a magazine or print ad of some sort?

MacGyver

I know I've posted pictures of The Hardy Boys lunchbox released in conjunction with The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries show, but I can't recall if I've posted pictures of the sides of the box before- Frank and Joe both loom large on either side. Check out pictures at this site.

MacGyver

I think I've posted pictures of The Hardy Boys watch released in conjunction with the '70s show and the Nancy Drew watch as well. I've now found this watch on this site:

As stands to reason, Shaun Cassidy got his own watch (Note he's still marketed "as Joe Hardy") released just showcasing him. Hey- he was a huge music star in the 1970s- that's how merchandising works. :) ;D

MacGyver

I found a bunch of cool behind-the-scenes photos from "The Mystery of the Campus Terror" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on this site. :) 8)

MacGyver

Fairly recent picture of Pamela Sue Martin at a convention from 2012 here.

MacGyver

Found this neat picture of Pamela Sue Martin as Nancy Drew. :) 8)

MacGyver

I found Shaun Cassidy's first album on LP at a local thrift store. :) 8)

And it looks like it's even autographed by Shaun "Joe Hardy" Cassidy himself! :) 8)

MacGyver

Commercial for the Kenner Hardy Boys action figures from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries  :) 8)

And here's a promo for 3rd. season episode "Dangerous Waters" from The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries. :) 8)

MacGyver

Promo for "Will the Real Santa Claus...?" episode of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries :) 8)